My mortgage payoff celebration Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kilohertz

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 29, 2022
Vernon, BC Canada
I haven't posted in a while so thought I would share this brisket smoke. I paid off my mortgage last week, yeah, it's all mine, and my son is here this weekend to celebrate with me and we decided a nice brisket dinner would be good. The official mortgage papers won't be here for a month or so, another celebration meal in July to burn them. :emoji_laughing:🍺

It went on at 10am, is a nice thick flattish point, I think, it's at 135* right now smoking on the PB820 with a mix of cherry and special blend pellets from Canadian Tire @ 225*.

Rounding out the meal will be potato salad, bean salad, corn on the cob and of course beers and champagne.

Stay tuned.

Cheers

PS here is a link to my Arduino temp monitor I built and can see the temps anywhere.

Arduino Temp Monitor

IMG_4928.JPG

IMG_4929.JPG

Last edited:
Ditto! Congrats on the payoff.
And brisket looks great!
I had mine paid off about 7 years ago.
Then 4 years ago I had a hairbrained idea to get a bigger house.
So payments again. :emoji_disappointed:

Ditto! Congrats on the payoff.
And brisket looks great!
I had mine paid off about 7 years ago.
Then 4 years ago I had a hairbrained idea to get a bigger house.
So payments again. :emoji_disappointed:

Thanks! I too have contemplated a new house, well, bigger. I have 20 acres but only 1,000 sq' of house. Either rent this place and buy another, or add on 1,000 sq' and stay here.

Here it is at 4 hours, 160*, smoker still cycling 220-240*.

Cheers (happy hour in 3 hours)

IMG_4930.JPG

Thanks again everyone,

Decided to try something different, spritzing with a mix of coke and coffee, hopefully will be yummy.

Another pic in an hour, it's at 170*.

cheers

Reactions: babydocsmoker
Done and hit 205* at 8.5 hours, wrapped in foil and sat for almost 2 hours rest, sliced and yummylishious. Turned out just great.

I'm ready for bed, except there are still 10 hours in Le Mans and half bottle of champagne..

Thanks for watching and participating in my mortgage celebration meal.

I'll be doing it again when the papers arrive in the mail. You can never have too many smoking parties...

Cheers

IMG_4936.JPG

Last edited:
Done and hit 205* at 8.5 hours, wrapped in foil and sat for almost 2 hours rest, sliced and yummylishious. Turned out just great.

I'm ready for bed, except there are still 10 hours in Le Mans and half bottle of champagne..

Thanks for watching and participating in my mortgage celebration meal.

I'll be doing it again when the papers arrive in the mail. You can never have too many smoking parties...

Cheers

View attachment 667583
Looks like you nailed it! Nice job!

Ryan

Reactions: kilohertz
Looks great , and a great reason for a fine meal and drinks with family and friends.
Congrates on the mortgage free, Now you can spend your money on more cooking and smoking toys :emoji_laughing: :emoji_sunglasses:

I'm in the same boat as Gary ( GaryHibbert GaryHibbert ) and that is also how I tell folks, the freedom 99 plan
Freedom 99 plan. Currently I'm on the "House will be paid for after I die and wife sells house" plan. :emoji_confounded: :emoji_confounded:

I used to say the freedom 72 inch plan ( 6 feet under ) but took to much explaining to people, ha ha
Or when the lotto kicks in. Either way probably not happening this weekend.:emoji_disappointed::emoji_disappointed:

David

That looks great. Now I have to plan my own brisket for my January 2026 celebration.
I remember when there were 3 years left, then when it got to one year it all seemed possible and real. I made lump sum payments and double up payments for the last 2 years and that's what really helped.

Good luck!

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky