My mortgage payoff celebration Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Done and hit 205* at 8.5 hours, wrapped in foil and sat for almost 2 hours rest, sliced and yummylishious. Turned out just great.

I'm ready for bed, except there are still 10 hours in Le Mans and half bottle of champagne..

Thanks for watching and participating in my mortgage celebration meal.

I'll be doing it again when the papers arrive in the mail. You can never have too many smoking parties...

Cheers

View attachment 667583
Congrats on the house pay off and an amazing looking brisket flat!!!!

I'm right there behind you on the mortgage payoff. I was planning on pulling the trigger this year or being all set to do so but splitting the money into a payment this year and then next to not blow it all in 1 shot BUT my contract work terminated due to tech sector downsizing (I do consulting/contract work). So I am sitting on the money until the next contract starts up and brings in plenty of money to resume the plan.

I'm so ready to be "technically" in early retirement territory and start working on full blown retirement plans!!!

I'm so happy to see someone making their way in the world. Cherish this man. Both the pay off AND the brisket :D

Thanks everyone for the compliments and good wishes, much appreciated.

Well, I just bought a new smoker with some of the money no longer required for the house. :emoji_laughing: I ordered an MES30 analog and I already have several PIDs one of which will end up with the MES. Probably going to mod the hell out of it as well. I wanted a 40" but I found the 30 on a great sale (less than half of the 40) but I have enough room if I decide later to get the 40 also. Looking forward to trying a new smoking method, I know I like the smell of chips smoking WAY better than pellets, pellets smell "artificial" compared to real wood or chips.

See you over on the electric smoker forum soon.

Cheers 🍻

Last edited:
Reactions: crazymoon
Congrats on getting that mortgage paid off. I got mine paid off right around the time COVID hit. That was a real help. Nice looking cook as well.

Hannibal Smith.jpeg

JC :emoji_cat:

Reactions: kilohertz
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky