My latest build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

got14u

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 12, 2008
WYOMING
Here is a smoker I built a while ago. I figure I could post up some pics of the finished product.

Here it is each tray is 20x30 inches (over 20 sqft) and there are 5 of them. This was built on consignment and the owner wanted 3/16 instead of  ¼ steel.  The door seals shut with some channel and gasket.  It will do way more then what he inteanded and he is very happy with it. I wish I had some pics of what we did with the handles but I didn’t get any. We spray them with a see through blue so it has a accent, which turned out very cool.  I wanted to do a cool handle but obviously the owner was ok with what was there.  Any ways this is the finished product. Thanks for lookin.

1a60fe40_2011-01-14_10-57-01_975.jpg

77f1249a_2011-01-14_10-56-53_319.jpg

https://statich.smokingmeatforums.com/a/ae/ae6027f4_336797809_photobucket_45145_.jpg

Last edited:
they came through now but 2 are sideways.....oh well

I really don't know. I am guessing 500-700lbs. I might figure it out tomorrow when I have access to a book I have on weights of materials.

Thx for all the compliments
Thats a awesome smoker.And out of 3/16 steel !!! bet it will hold heat good.How much did it weigh???

You just need a little bit of practice bud. Good seein you also

Mad Welding and design skills man!!! Great job!  Good to see you again!

I wish I could weld like that!

SOB

It hasn't been a ton maybe 10 or so. I have been making a lot of art stuff lately and sculptures.
Nice Smoker Jerod, how many have you made now?

Go figure that's what I did. thanks

IMO u could sell that.  Looks killer.  Solid.  I like it. 

No not right now. The customer is putting it on dirt so I didn't want it to sink. If he ever gets concrete I can put casters/wheels on very easy.
Nice job,Was there any plans for casters/wheels

Great looking smoker !!! Did you cut the smoke chamber and the fire box from one piece or did you have a seam and grind and buff it out ????

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky