My Friend Pauls Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
5 lbs of strip jerky
By Paul.
Try this for 5 lbs of strip jerky
Skil Level Beginner
No special tools required.
2 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 cup Soy sauce
1/2 cup Liquid Smoke
1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
(opt)6 TB Honey
3 TB Mustard (PYM) Plain Yellow Mustard, Frenches or any kind.
6 TB Garlic Salt
2 TB Pepper
4 TB Onion Powder
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 level t cure 1 (only if your going to use smoker)

To Add HEAT2 1/2 TB Crushed Red Pepper or1/2 cup Tabasco sauce

Mix all marinade ingredients in a sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Pour into plastic container and refrigerate until needed. Measure out 2 cups of mixture for every 3-5 lbs of meat to be marinated. Pour over meat slices that are already in a quart size zip lock bag. Thoroughly wet all sides of meat. Refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours. Rotate bag every few hours, working the marinade over all meat. Drain the meat and spread the meat (be sure to NOT overlap) onto trays in single layers. If using a dehydrator, dry for 4-5 hours, (depending on thickness) checking every 2 hours. Make sure to rotate trays(bottom to top and flipping the meat as needed) Jerky should be hard but not brittle. Blot up any fat that appears with a paper towel or place jerky in a brown paper bag. For a chewy texture, slice the meat with the grain, or across the grain for a more tender jerky.
If using an oven set on lowest possible setting. Prop oven door open with a spoon or fork about 1/4 inch to let moisture escape.
If you use your smoker start at 130* and bump 10* until you reach 170* on your smoker.

Thanks for sharing the recipe. I have never boiled the marinade, will try that next time. My powdered spice never stuck right.

i marinade 12 hours or more, heavy smoke few hours, then in dehydrater to finish off.

Hmm.... Somehow I missed this thread... Thank you for sharing! I just started to marinate 3,5 # of beef to make some jerky. I would definitely use this recipe but.... next time. Anyways, about a pound of jerky (after drying) won't last too long! Thank you again!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky