My first venture into kraut

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I’ve really been hooked by fermenting the last few months. Have countless pepper ferments going and a few dozen sauces bottled. I probably eat a 5 oz bottle of my habanero garlic a week. I put that and my hot Hungarian pepper sauce out with the cheese tray and people gorged. Quite a few bottles went hime with folks. The Hungarian sauce was a hit. It was fermented local hot Hungarians that I added some mustard powder too. Pretty tasty. Anyway I finally got a couple more cases of half gallon jars so started the kraut today. Pretty basic using roughly 1 1/2 t sea salt per lbs of cabbage. The green batches have caraway, mustard seed and juniper Berry added. The red are going to be my “fire kraut”. Each has 4 super hot peppers in the bottom. Mostly reaper, ghost and brain strain. Looking forward to these just before Christmas. Also added a crock to my Christmas list. View attachment 517408View attachment 517409
So I want you to take a path that is finite. Napa cabbage Carolina fermented slaw. It is honestly the easiest ferment to go bad. I found it best to ferment on the counter 24 hrs and then go in the fridge for 3 days. Its crisp with a slight bite. Serve with a hot honey bacon dressing with delight. Pair with Mcallan 12 yr dbl cask on the rocks.

Reactions: jcam222
Holy cow Jeff!! You've got it going on buddy. Some fine looking goodies right there. I'm seeing some really interesting Ruben's in your future :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky