My first spare ribs w/view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingnd

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Minot, ND
I realized this week that I have only ever done ribs on the weber, so today is the day.  Picked up two racks of spares last night and rubbed them with meowey's rub, wrapped them up and back into the fridge until this morning.  Here are some pics of them just before they go in the smoker.  Smoking them at about 230* with some cherry and hickory.  Going to try the 3-2-1 method, maybe 3-1.5-1.5 as i do prefer a little chew to the meat.

9a0f7e8d_IMG00068-20101120-1003.jpg
477cd9cb_IMG00069-20101120-1004.jpg

Well, I think you're on the road towards a great smoke, and Q too. It's all good my friend.

I have snacked on a couple of those little pieces already.  However,my ribs are putting up a worthy fight, the meat didn't start pulling away from the ends of the bone for nearly four hours, don't know why.  So i just foiled them even though there is not much pulling away the internal temp was nearly 160*.  They will be fine I'm sure they are just stubborn I guess, I have learned no to get too worried when smoking as the meat will tell you when its done.  Should have pics in about an hour.

Ribs are done and they are delicious, I had to fight the vultures off so I could get pics.

c8581be9_IMG00071-20101120-1645.jpg

icon_cool.gif
If you are fighting the wild vultures off to take pictures I sounds like you did one fine job.

Those are some great looking racks!  The pull back and bark looks real nice.  
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Kevin - Sam's Club has a similar cutting board that's 15"x20" for $10.  I love it, I can lay a full rack or packer brisket out on it.  Also, if you have one of the Ross stores near by I noticed in ours the other day they had a huge heavy wooden board for only $20 that supposedly retailed for over $60.  The wife gave me that look when I picked it up so I'll have to go back without her! 
icon_twisted.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky