My first smoke

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jasonw, May 28, 2014.

1. jasonw

jasonw Newbie

I was in a rush and did not brine my chicken. I threw some apple rub on it let it sit in fridge for an hour or two. I let it smoke for about 4 all most 5 hours. It was very juicy and the skin tasted amazing. It was hard keeping my temp steady but I read a lot on the site and know what I have to do. I have a char griller pro with sfb. I need to get everything sealed up better and keep going at it. I did some ribs also but I should have foiled them as they did not turn out quite like I wanted. 

2. jp61

jp61 Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

[​IMG]

If you foil next time, you'll be able to make a comparison to know which way is more to your liking.

So far I've always foiled my ribs. Next time, I may go without just to see the difference.

Enjoy!

3. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Jason , hello and [​IMG]   to the SMF.

Your Chicken and Ribs look great . [​IMG]  I see no problem with them , but I'm a "Sauce - on - the - side  , kinda guy. If I can get them to look like yours and 'bend/break' like this  :

a happy . [​IMG]  I do no foil , but if your next trial with foil pleases you more, then by all means that's the right way for you [​IMG].

Keep on doing what you are doing, it was great...

Have fun and ...