my first smoke with qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ropaque

Original poster
Oct 11, 2010
norwood, pennsylvania
did a butt and bb's for my first smoke. everything turned out great everyone loved the food. couldn't have done it without the info and helped i received on this site. thanks
46948fd2_033.jpg
b4503862_034.jpg
0ba065f5_035.jpg
1b13a99f_042.jpg
ce7852b7_043.jpg
38555826_048.jpg
2d9598ae_037.jpg
ce15389d_040.jpg
329bb66f_046.jpg

Hey Ropaque welcome to SMF. Looks like a new smoker and a NEW SMOKER too. Great to have you here looks like you are off to a great start

Welcome to SMF!!!

That's some good lookin smoked meat right there . Rubbed pic of the butt looks like someone shot it w/ bird shot .  What is that red in the rub ? Pepper?

That mes will give ya many fine smokes in the future.

yup i mixed in some crushed red pepper in my rub. as well as brown sugar garlic powder onion powder and some southwest chipotle seasoning.

That all looks really tasty! Good job on your first smoke - now you will find excuses to fire up the smoker... lol.

icon_cool.gif

I thought the wife would have let you bring that "way to clean" smoker atleast on the back porch instead of in the bunches. I saw your last smoke and it too looked really good. So keep it up I'm sure she will let you in the public eye soon.

Great first smoke, If you did that well I think it's safe to say you are hooked!

Once you've been around a while (not saying I have by any means) smoking food becomes easy and remember to have a camera around to record Qview becomes the difficult task!  Especially in a room full of vultures surrounding the feast (led by the head vulture, yours truly).

Thanks for sharing. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky