• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

my first smoke with qview

ropaque

Joined Oct 11, 2010
did a butt and bb's for my first smoke. everything turned out great everyone loved the food. couldn't have done it without the info and helped i received on this site. thanks

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Hey Ropaque welcome to SMF. Looks like a new smoker and a NEW SMOKER too. Great to have you here looks like you are off to a great start

eman

Rest in peace. Lost but not forgotten!!
Staff member
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Welcome to SMF!!!

That's some good lookin smoked meat right there . Rubbed pic of the butt looks like someone shot it w/ bird shot .  What is that red in the rub ? Pepper?

That mes will give ya many fine smokes in the future.

ropaque

Joined Oct 11, 2010
yup i mixed in some crushed red pepper in my rub. as well as brown sugar garlic powder onion powder and some southwest chipotle seasoning.

deannc

Master of the Pit
Joined Jun 13, 2010
That was an awesome first smoke and a great job!  Congrats on the new smoker and successful smoke!  

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Looks like a great start.

dale5351

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 20, 2010
Looks good -- but the inside of that smoker is too clean":-}}

You'll have to take care of that.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I bet it isn't clean anymore! Nice job!

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
That all looks really tasty! Good job on your first smoke - now you will find excuses to fire up the smoker... lol.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

I thought the wife would have let you bring that "way to clean" smoker atleast on the back porch instead of in the bunches. I saw your last smoke and it too looked really good. So keep it up I'm sure she will let you in the public eye soon.

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
That is a lot of BEAUTIFUL meat!   I love your seasoning choices for the rub.  all looks soooo goood!

new2que

Meat Mopper
Joined Jul 1, 2010
Great first smoke, If you did that well I think it's safe to say you are hooked!

Once you've been around a while (not saying I have by any means) smoking food becomes easy and remember to have a camera around to record Qview becomes the difficult task!  Especially in a room full of vultures surrounding the feast (led by the head vulture, yours truly).

Thanks for sharing. 

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.