My First Smoke, chicken breasts Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

marshajj3233

Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
Indianapolis
This is my first smoke so wish me luck, the food is on the smoker now.

Took some boneless, skinless chicken. rub'd them with Mudflap Jones prairie dust, bacon wrapped them and hit them with another splash of rub.

Also added some store bought Italian sausage. I plan to pull the onion and pepper and sautee them to top off the sausage.

5b55d152_10232010_2.jpg

after 2.5 hrs -- right before I pulled it from the smoker

80318e0b_P1010001.jpg
16aa7720_P1010003.jpg

had leftover bacon so I threw on some brown sugar and tossed it on the smoker.

b9973d7e_P1010004.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: meateater
icon_cool.gif

Man your chicken looks great and them the Italian sausage with onions and peppers too. I bet you are at work right now thinking about them aren't ya.....

Great looking smoke. I love smoked chicken big time.

Looks fantastic, Marsha!  Smoked green peppers are a snack I like while cook'n.  What is also great is roasted garlic, cut the root side of slightly so expose'n the cloves, wrap in foil w/evoo s&p and it smells/tastes so good! 

Great look'n meal!  And pig candy for dessert!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks for all of the comments everyone. The food was amazing.

The next day I did Ribs for my second smoke and they came out amazing too.

My next smoke will be a brisket... I can't wait.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky