My First Rub

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqchamp

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 27, 2010
Palatka,FL
Hello Family, i finally made my first rub. I was bored in the kitchen the other day an had more spices then i needed so i thought i would give it a swing.

Here it is

2 tsp garlic powder

2 tsp celery salt

2 tsp paprika

1 tsp salt

1 tsp onion powder

2 tsp chili powder

1 tsp seasoned salt

1/2 tsp cumin 

1tsp all spice

1/2 tsp curry powder

1/2 tsp oregano

1/2 tsp ground ginger

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp accent

1/2 tsp cayenne peeper

1 1/2 cup brown sugar.

This makes enough to coat about 2 slabs of spare ribs.

ENJOY

Reactions: smoking shawn86
Did you try it? How was it? I certainly like the ingredient list. It looks like you put just about everything in the cupboard in there!

Looks like a good List. Let use no how it turns out.. Just might have to try it
icon14.gif

You've got a lot of good flavors going on in that rub. Good thinking on making a small batch for testing, I wasted a lot of spices in my first round by using too much at a time. It's all good my friend.

icon_cool.gif

Now you do have some good flavors there but I would like to know what the smoker is gonna do to it too??? Please post your findings.

Sounds good...Only question i have is why 3 kinds of salt...celery salt,regular salt,seasoned salt...let us know how it turns out!!

The rub turned out to be very yummie. It gave my ribs and chicken a nice reddish tint after spraying with apple juice. Alot of my family complamented me on my bbq sauce until i told them there was no sauce on them just rub. Now i need to make a bbq sauce off my own.

Granulated garlic and onion have more flavor than powdered IMHO. I only use granulated in rubs and sauces.
I checked at our local markets, and all I find are the powdered onion and garlic - though they do carry dehydrated onion. Do you order your online or...? I'm about to try my first turkey smoke... and would like to use some onion flavor in the rub for it...

I checked at our local markets, and all I find are the powdered onion and garlic - though they do carry dehydrated onion. Do you order your online or...? I'm about to try my first turkey smoke... and would like to use some onion flavor in the rub for it...
Sorry it has taken so long for me to get back, I hope you found the granulated onion in time. I buy Frontier brand at a local "boutique" grocery, very good quality IMHO. They also sell online-

http://www.frontiercoop.com/

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky