My first pulled pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Min

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 28, 2018
Coquitlam BC
I finally decided to give a go at pulled pork. After reading few posts, I decided to go with Al's hot and fast method. Thank you Al!!!

I smoked at 280F all the way through but I transferred to pan and cover with foil for last 2.30hrs to speed up the cooking and to collect pan juices for finishing sauce.
It took 8. 30 hrs in total and I used sugar maple for smoke.

Final product was awesome. Juicy, tender, smokey. I also made eggs n pulled pork on muffin for next day's breakfast.

It was a great cook and for sure I will do again in near future. Here are some pictures and thanks for reading.
20190117_070223.jpg
20190117_124354.jpg
20190117_162449.jpg
20190117_183007.jpg
20190118_092257.jpg

Last edited:
Woooo!

Sunny side up...you monster you!!

Haha. Meat looks great. You're going to be pulling your pork a lot now that you know how good it feels.

Happy Friday and thanks for the share.

Reactions: JC in GB
Looks Great!
I need to do another butt soon.
Maybe I'll pick one up, but the wife is trying to use up the freezer...
Probably no butt for me.

I finally decided to give a go at pulled pork. After reading few posts, I decided to go with Al's hot and fast method. Thank you Al!!!

I smoked at 280F all the way through but I transferred to pan and cover with foil for last 2.30hrs to speed up the cooking and to collect pan juices for finishing sauce.
It took 8. 30 hrs in total and I used sugar maple for smoke.

Final product was awesome. Juicy, tender, smokey. I also made eggs n pulled pork on muffin for next day's breakfast.

It was a great cook and for sure I will do again in near future. Here are some pictures and thanks for reading.
View attachment 385802 View attachment 385803 View attachment 385804 View attachment 385805 View attachment 385808

Nice job. Looks delicious. Certainly better than my first attempt at pulled pork.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky