My first pic

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gwanger

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 5, 2018
N. Illinois
unbeleivable, I am going to try posting my first pic, I have been struggling with new windows 10 computer so here goes. My new smoker with 5 racks, and sausage hooks, charcoal and wood 0317181434 (1).jpg

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Looks Great, Gw!!
Now you broke the ice & you're ready to post up a storm!!
Next time try to put the Caption above or below the Pic. You'll get the hang of it.
I like to put the Caption above the Pic, so you read about it before you look at the Pic, instead of looking at the Pic first, and then having to go down to read the caption after seeing the Pic.

If you post more than one pic, put the caption closest to the pic it refers to, so people know which pic the caption goes with. (That's the mistake I see the most on here.)

Bear

Last edited:
Reactions: chrisjames
Looks Great, Gw!!
Now you broke the ice & you're ready to post up a storm!!
Next time try to put the Caption above or below the Pic. You'll get the hang of it.
I like to put the Caption above the Pic, so you read about it before you look at the Pic, instead of looking at the Pic first, and then having to go down to read the caption after seeing the Pic.

If you post more than one pic, put the caption closest to the pic it refers to, so people know which pic the caption goes with. (That's the mistake I see the most on here.)

Bear
thnx bear I will be posting more as soon as I smoke something, been holding back till I could post pics. I picked up some pork belly tday so I will be making some bear bacon

thnx bear I will be posting more as soon as I smoke something, been holding back till I could post pics. I picked up some pork belly tday so I will be making some bear bacon

That's Great !!
Just yell if you have any questions---Best to PM me, to make sure I don't miss it.
I miss too many on this new platform.

Bear

That's Great !!
Just yell if you have any questions---Best to PM me, to make sure I don't miss it.
I miss too many on this new platform.

Bear
not sure how to pm someone, just posted first pic but I am willing to learn. need to pm Dave omak about some info I have for him about wine making.

click on the persons name, then click 'conversations'....start typing.
When you get a reply, the little envelope at the top right will indicate how many messages you have with a number. click on it to open your mail.

click on the persons name, then click 'conversations'....start typing.
When you get a reply, the little envelope at the top right will indicate how many messages you have with a number. click on it to open your mail.
Look under members for their name and conversation from there?

You can just go to the little envelope at the top of the page click on it and click start new conversation. I will send you one so you can see when you receive one.

Warren

That's a good smoker I have one. I added a propane burner to the bottom of the cooking chamber for my cure meats and sausage.

That's a good smoker I have one. I added a propane burner to the bottom of the cooking chamber for my cure meats and sausage.
c farmer, glad to hear someone else has the big Dyna-glo,I have only run a couple of smokes thru this one,I didn't really think I would be able to smoke cured sausage in this one,I have been using my masterbuilt gasser w/cold smoking attachment with amts. that is a really good idea. Thnx for tip

Click on my name, Indaswamp, and you will see a tab labeled 'start conversation'...click that.
Thnx indaswamp for all help,I am starting to get the hang of things around here.my son in laws father has a big craw fish boil every year, he flies the crawfish into Ohare airport in Chicago so after going thru all the work and expense to fly it in I would love to surprize him with some authentic Anduille sausage .I figured if anyone would have a good recipe it would be the cajun sausagemaker, Indaswamp, I can trade you an outstanding veal bratwurst recipe from where my granpa comes from in Germany.

not sure how to pm someone, just posted first pic but I am willing to learn. need to pm Dave omak about some info I have for him about wine making.

Looks like you already got enough help with the PM (Conversation) instructions.:)

Bear

Looks like you already got enough help with the PM (Conversation) instructions.:)

Bear
Bear reading your post to me , Do you post pic first and then write captian
are you able to cold smoke with lp burner

Bear reading your post to me , Do you post pic first and then write captian

I've done it both ways.
I would say Until you've done it a few times, it's easier to put the pics in & get your spacing right.
Then you can drop your text (Captions) into where you want them.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky