My first overnight pork shoulder Q-View

Discussion in 'Pork' started by exzacht, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Hey everyone,

So today is the big day, my wife and I's baby shower, for our first born. We have about 50 people coming over and I definitely wanted to do pulled pork. Went to the butcher, got 2 beautiful 8lb Boston Butts. Pictures below.

First picture getting ready for injection and rub Thursday night.

Second picture after being in the fridge overnight.

But them in last night around 8pm at around 240, last picture is about 15 mins ago with an IT temp of 185. Almost there!

Will take more pictures when I shred! Thanks everyone.

2. hardcookin

hardcookin Master of the Pit

Congrats on the upcoming baby!
    Pork Butts look great!! The women are going to like that pulled pork.
    I just done 30lbs of pulled chicken for my Niece's baby shower the other week.

3. mike5051

mike5051 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

They look great Zach!  You going to wrap them?

Mike

4. joe black

joe black Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great looking butts, Zach. That's some awesome bark. Good luck with them and good luck with your new addition.

5. Hey Mike,

Didn't wrap them. Ran just about 16.5 hours, took them out at 205 IT. Did one pulled and the other chopped.

Thanks for the compliment!

6. Hey Joe,

Appreciate the kind words, thanks very much.

7. So I didn't get a chance to snap another picture because when I took them out of the smoker I had a crowd for the smell alone.

Between the 2 butt's it yielded about 8lbs, I have a small 10oz tupperware left..... I think it was a good day 

fatboycoalition likes this.
  8. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Sounds like a great smoke!

Congrats on the new baby!

Al

9. smokemonkey23

smokemonkey23 Newbie

My my my, those butts look great! I need to learn more about injecting meat but I'm sure there's plenty of info about it on here. Congrats on the new baby on the way! 

AJ

10. Thanks AJ,

My wife uses Pinterest a lot, and I find a ton of recipes for rubs and injections. There is a section on here too as well. Trail and error for sure, and thanks for the kind words.
    Thanks for the kind words Al!

11. Congrats on your baby. And the meat looks great too...