my first fridge conversion

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fochers

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 6, 2015
GALLERY]

I'm currently starting to tear it apart. thre insulation in side the door like like a corrugated paper do I need to replace it if so with what?

The insulation around the box is more of a fiber material. Any advice on that?

Ok will do anything else I should be on the lookout for

If there is black tar looking stuff holding the insulation in make sure and remove all of that...mineral spirits and elbow grease worked on mine

Ok thanks there is some of that there. Also once u got everything out I noticed a block of wood where the latch is mounted.. will that be OK or will I need to find another way to mount it

When it comes to painting the outside do I have to use high heat paint and a high hear primer

You shouldn't have to. The outside of mine doesn't get hot at all with the insulation in there..I just have mine primed with rusteolum auto primer. .still waiting to paint it

I have some flashing being made and it might take a week or so because the tinner shop is busy. So for now I'm going to make it look nice and paint the shell

I'll be watching.

I have the same fridge that I'm slowly working on. It would be cool if we could split a bag of Roxul since our fridges are small and one bag would be enough for both.

Yes it's going to replace the plastic and it is going to be stainless. And that would be awesome I really don't feel like buying that big of a bag when I don't need much. Anywhere close to IL lol

Couple questions.... are those wood blocks safe to keep in? Also the bottom is pretty rusted out I'm going to knock all the really rusted part out and cut a piece of sheet metal to cover it. Would primer over the remains bottom be enough

The left block had the door latch mounted to it. I'm thinking they are there for side to side support of the tub

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky