My first fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

0331grunt

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
Webbers Falls, OK
Well, the New Year has begun...  I also have developed a new love of, well, fatties!!

This being my first, I was a little skeptical, but turned out good.  The wife doesn't like it too much because it is too fattening.  I, on the other hand, think it is GREAT!!!

Scrambled some eggs with some red and green peppers I smoked the other day, an onion that had also been smoked, some Cavenders seasoning, cheddar cheese.  (no pics of prep, but the finished product looks good enough)  Used maple/apple wood for 2.5 hours.  Enjoyed with a wonderful cup of coffee on the front porch with the temps outside about 20*. 

4ab0c314_IMG00291-20110101-0831.jpg

ec674a98_IMG00292-20110101-0832.jpg

Gonna do a chuckie and tenderloin with a tater casserole my wife makes for dinner with the inlaws for New Year.

Have a Blessed and Happy New Year!!  

Keep the smoke thin and blue!

icon_cool.gif

I'm glad that you like the fatties. They are great and the fillings are as vast as the skys. You can fill them with just about anything thou I wouldn't recommend that you use shrimp for they tend to over cook and get chalky. So go on with your bad self and smoke those chuckies. They are  really good too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky