My First Fatties with Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigdaddylove

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Wichita, Kansas
As I said I smoked my first fatties on Sunday and here is how it went.  Mexican Fattie Ingredients were Chorizo Sausage,  Poblano Peppers, garlic, Hatch Green Chilies, Onions and Tillamook Jack Cheese.
3fa88ea1_IMG_0579.jpg

The roll Which we now know to leave a little room on the edges
8c5d2a5f_IMG_0580.jpg

All rolled up and Ready for their Smoking Jackets
02bc7093_IMG_0581.jpg

I thought they might be a little Lonely smoking by themselves so i threw some ABT buddies in With them.  Just a  little garlic, Chorizo sausage (cooked), a Little Caribbean Pepper, and Cream Cheese.

730caddc_IMG_0584.jpg

Headed to the Smoker
f33c7fea_IMG_0583.jpg

Everybody Playing Friendly with each other
fc7e519b_IMG_2088.jpg

Out and resting after a long hard smoke.
50d9e2f4_IMG_2089.jpg

Cut and Ready to serve it's Purpose
ac0047d2_IMG_2090.jpg

On the Plate & Served

0561f7f2_IMG_2091.jpg

A few Observations. The next of many fatties that i will smoke i will use regular, not thick bacon, also i will not make the weave so tight. It was a great weekend my DW got involved and we had one hell of a good time smoking together, in fact with out her I'm sure it would have been a failure. Hope you all enjoy and No there are no left overs.

Reactions: meateater
If these are your first, I can't wait to see how they look after you get a couple dozen under your belt.

Looks Great!!!

Thanks tom, we had fun doing it.  By the way that is one hell of a chiefs smoker you got, Very Impressive.  we looked good Monday night.

Those turned out awesome.  Man this just made me really hungry. I have used thick and thin cut bacon and definitely like the thin better.

Not bad for a first... Just wait until you get some practice...LOL 

They look delicious.

man - that looks awesome!!!  How long did you smoke it and at what temp?  I can't wait to make my first one.....

i've gotta say, that is a beauty!

and it's all the more impressive that it's your first!  dang! 

those ABTs are rockin' too
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

plus, it's super cool your wife got into it too.   that's livin' the dream right there!  

I smoked them at about 200 for 4 hours then lit them up to about 300 for 30 or so minutes to crisp the bacon.  thanks for all the comments as i said we had a great time and working up recipes for more.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky