My first fattie! With QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

garyc

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Illinois
I had never heard of a fattie before I found this forum but after reading about them I thought I would give it a try.

I had some ground turkey, pepper jack cheese and fresh spinich so I thought why not?

My starting ingredients:  

0256dfdf_100_6686.jpg

Building it up:  

2f2ae915_100_6688.jpg

Put on the bacon:

2a32da88_100_6689.jpg

Into the smoker!

350ffbff_100_6690.jpg

Smoke is coming on strong!

f0111849_100_6692.jpg

Finished product:

b90dc793_100_6693.jpg

All I can say is WOW! I wish I had known about these before. I have a new favorite! I think I will try some breakfast fatties for Christmas!  

Reactions: meateater
It looks awesome nice job
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I bet you are hooked now. I just introduced my brother in law to fatties last weekend when we broke in his smoker. I think he is going to be trying to make some very soon as he loved them. They are great.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

That bacon weave is great for the first time.  I've made @ 5-6 breakfast fatties(which I call double-bypass) and this last time was the first good bacon weave I did.  What kind of wood did you use?  I use hickory and mesquite.  This last time I used mesquite and I saw that it really penetrated the sausage.  Great job.

Looks great. I also made my first fatty yesterday. I don't think I can smoke anything now with out putting at least 1 fatty in there too!

That bacon weave is great for the first time.  I've made @ 5-6 breakfast fatties(which I call double-bypass) and this last time was the first good bacon weave I did.  What kind of wood did you use?  I use hickory and mesquite.  This last time I used mesquite and I saw that it really penetrated the sausage.  Great job.

I used apple wood for the smoke. It went so well with the bacon. I think that is the best part of a fattie, the double smoked bacon. I want another one!

icon_cool.gif

Your fattie looks awesome and you will be smoking them for alongtime now. I also think the fattie is like a welcoming present for an awful lot of folks have never heard of them before seeing them here. I'm one myself and they are really good too.

Great looking Fattie - congrats! Your first wont be your last

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky