My First Brisket!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

boulder buff

Original poster
Jan 4, 2011
First and Foremost, I would like to say thank you to everyone who gave me advice on food and smoking last week. 

On Thursday, I decided I wanted to make a shot at cooking chicken and brisket. It was awesome but I am exhausted...I started by just going to Costco, buying 18 pounds of b
aa38b8f1_DSCN0688.jpg
ac537998_DSCN0689.jpg
3c3bcb93_DSCN0691.jpg
8e8f92c5_DSCN0695.jpg
risket, I  invited all of my fiannces family, and decided since I do have decent cooking acumen, I would give brisket a shot.

It was awesome! I had such a great time, woke up at 5 AM, took my brisket out of the marinade, added my rub and got the smoker going (I added way too much lump coal to start the fire but was able to control the temp with the dampers).

Chicken and brisket was great, I thought it was too smoky but as a beginner smoker, I thought (as well as the guests), it turned out great!! Here are some pics.

icon_cool.gif

Now your brisket looks awesome .......but ..........but where's the yardbird?????

I can't believe I did not take pictures of the chicken. I think I was so enamored with the size and look of the brisket, that I completely forgot about talking pictures of the chicken. It turned out great,  I actually thought it was a little better than the brisket.

Awesome looking Brisket, Boulder!

And outstanding Qview of it too!

Brisket doesn't get any better looking than that!

Thanks,

Bear

Awesome brisket. Incredible first effort. Great qview too.

Great job!!! The first brisket is always the hardest,don't worry they will get easier.Now that you got one under your belt you can adjust the smoke....now on to the next!!

Looks good for your first brisky, Can you tell us what temp,time, and type of wood?

Congrats on the carousel ride! Well done my friend  
beercheer.gif

From the photos your brisket looks very pink, almost medium rare.  I always take my briskets to 190 or 195, and

they meat is very dark on the inside, but very juicy.

Just wondering what temp you took yours to?

Maybe it is just the photos.

Nice work!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky