• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My first brisket. Thank you all.

martyb

Joined Sep 9, 2013
I used Jeff's rub and Apple wood on this very small 5 pound brisket.  I have a Masterbuilt  Dual Smoker completely modified and I simply love it. 

I would like to thank everyone here that post and shares because I have spent weeks reading and learning from all of you.   This picture says it all, this brisket was simply wonderful and I couldn't have done it without you.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Very nice. My last briskey was 2.88 lb.

caspian

Joined Oct 2, 2013
Can you please post a step by step description of what you did to the meat?

I did my first brisket and it took FOREVER (7:00 am - midnight) for 2 briskets (5.5 and 7.5 lbs).  The meat was tender, but dry.  Overall, I was satisfied with the flavor, but would have liked it to be moister and get done faster.

I did mine at 200 degrees.  that was probably too low, but i was paranoid of cooking it too fast and turning it tough.

Thanks

Chris

martyb

Joined Sep 9, 2013
Hey Chris.

The only thing I did was inject the brisket with 8 ounces of a can of beef broth with 2 table spoons of Jeff's rub mixed in.   I did put in the refrigerator for about 4 hours, not sure that it was necessary but the brisket turned out pretty good.   Hope this helps.

Marty

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
Looks good to me, nice smoke ring

Gary

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
I could use some of that right now and I just had breakfast!

Disco

smokinhusker

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Oct 20, 2010

Hey Chris.

The only thing I did was inject the brisket with 8 ounces of a can of beef broth with 2 table spoons of Jeff's rub mixed in.   I did put in the refrigerator for about 4 hours, not sure that it was necessary but the brisket turned out pretty good.   Hope this helps.

Marty
What temp did you smoke it at, approx how long did it take, did you foil it, if so what internal meat temp did you foil it at and what was the final internal meat temp when you took it out of the smoker? 

Thanks!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.