My first brisket. Thank you all.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

martyb

Original poster
Sep 9, 2013
Shawnee, Kansas
I used Jeff's rub and Apple wood on this very small 5 pound brisket.  I have a Masterbuilt  Dual Smoker completely modified and I simply love it. 

I would like to thank everyone here that post and shares because I have spent weeks reading and learning from all of you.   This picture says it all, this brisket was simply wonderful and I couldn't have done it without you.

Can you please post a step by step description of what you did to the meat?

I did my first brisket and it took FOREVER (7:00 am - midnight) for 2 briskets (5.5 and 7.5 lbs).  The meat was tender, but dry.  Overall, I was satisfied with the flavor, but would have liked it to be moister and get done faster.

I did mine at 200 degrees.  that was probably too low, but i was paranoid of cooking it too fast and turning it tough.

Thanks

Chris

Hey Chris.

The only thing I did was inject the brisket with 8 ounces of a can of beef broth with 2 table spoons of Jeff's rub mixed in.   I did put in the refrigerator for about 4 hours, not sure that it was necessary but the brisket turned out pretty good.   Hope this helps.

Marty

Looks good to me, nice smoke ring

Gary

Hey Chris.

The only thing I did was inject the brisket with 8 ounces of a can of beef broth with 2 table spoons of Jeff's rub mixed in.   I did put in the refrigerator for about 4 hours, not sure that it was necessary but the brisket turned out pretty good.   Hope this helps.

Marty
What temp did you smoke it at, approx how long did it take, did you foil it, if so what internal meat temp did you foil it at and what was the final internal meat temp when you took it out of the smoker? 

Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky