My first born...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oldgrandman

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
GR, MI
Well they came out pretty good, not the best I ever had but I will get there. Again everyone liked it but I was a little more critical on em.
I got a tip or 2 from Capt. Dan I didn't heed, but will next time. Like the apple juice spray, I use a water pan and just put it in there, not next time.
It took nearly 9 hours to do these 4.3 and 5.2 pounders in my "R2D2" smoker.
Tried one with nothing and another with mustard and a rub. Both are tasty though.
Thanks for the tips and general encouragement!

This is after about 5 hours...
Attachment 7384
6367295b_vbattach16532.jpg

Grandman,
Looks like some really fine eating is ahead. Something else you might want to try is Flquer's Finishing Sauce. I never do a pulled butt anymore unless I also apply the finishing sauce. It's a sticky and you can find it with the search feature.

It gets better! It will go from good, or alright to perfect or "to die for". Just takes some practice and patience I am pretty confident in my "butt" program, and am getting better at my pork ribs, I need alot of work for my beef stuff and definately the poultry. It all takes time, with practice(like anything else) you will become alot more confident. Just being on this site will force you to do better, and pay attention to the lil things that people are willing to share. There is alot of sharing on this forum. Never have I been part of a group of complete strangers who will share ideas, thoughts and criticism, as much as they do here. Don't want to change the direction of your thread. I am glad that you got that first butt done, its all down hill from here. Thanks for the Q-view too!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Congrats!! It gets better as Dan said.
See if you can make those pics a tad bigger. Like a good close view...
icon_mrgreen.gif

I couldn't have said it better. I feel like I have know alot of you for years and its alot like a family here.
Good looking butts.

Kookie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky