my first beer can chicken with Q veiw

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joelowry

Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
Boston, Ma
This was my first attempt at the beer can chicken. I used a brine for 4 hours and rubbed it down. towards the end i finished it with a pomegranate molasses reduction. take a  look

so this is just out of the brine 
f142fa3d_justoutofthebrine.jpg

and this is all rubbed down

9df29cdd_allrubbeddown.jpg

and finally this is all done 

b994595c_firstbeercanchickengreatcolor.jpg

icon_cool.gif

Joe I see that you are movong right thou the whole menu of smoking meat. Now thats a good thing as long as you have alot of folks to feed there. Your bird looks good and we need just alittle bit more info about what you used in the brine, bird, and the smoker too.

well for the brine i used 3 gallons of water 2 cups salt and 1 cup brown sugar. fresh peppercorns fresh sage thyme and rosemary. then i let it sit 4 hours. when it cam out i washed it off, rubbed it with olive oil that was infused with garlic and rosemary. then i used a rub called beer can chicken. it smoke at around 230 for a long time i felt like all day. this was a brinkman charcoal grill with side smoke box. toward the end i wanted to crisp up the skin and give some additional flavor so i  took a pomegranate and got all the juice from that and added a little molasses and whit wine and reduced to a nice glaze and spread it all over the bird to finish.

yes i did probe but i had a hard time with the smoker it was could out about 25 so the temp bounced between like 180 and 220.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky