My First Attempt at 3-2-1 Spare Ribs w/ Q-view!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stonebriar

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 23, 2009
Tulsa, Oklahoma
IRON WILL RIBS

Our eldest daughter & her fiance' gave me a couple of unprepared slabs of Prairie Fresh, by Seaboard, Spare Ribs for my Birthday yesterday. This was the perfect opportunity to try our new secret family recipe - "IRON WILL DRY RUB" created last week by our son, Will Adam and I. Although there were ball games to attend in between the smoke, I couldn't wait to try it! Knowing my family wanted "fall off the bone" style ribs tonight, I thought I would try the 3-2-1 method for the first time (3 hours in smoker; 2 hours in smoker wrapped in aluminum foil w/ Apple Juice; 1 hour unwrapped and back in smoker). I smoked the slabs @ a consistent 225 degrees using a combination of Pecan and Cherry woods. The end result were incredibly tender "fall of the bone" ribs that break apart when removed from the smoker! My petite little wife is not much of a rib person, yet has not been able to stay away from the serving plate tonight...

Conclusion: Iron Will Dry Rub is a success!  

Thanks, SMF, for all the great advise over the last year...

6947cb17_IronWillDryRub.jpg

87109e4b_IronWill3-2-1Ribs.jpg

Looking really good and congratulation on the rub that you and your son created together.. I think that is great.
icon14.gif

Looks great. Glad they turned out so good. 

Man they look good. I wish you would have cut a couple off so we could get a look at the inside. Good job. Great compliment when the wife can't stay away from them. 

Sounds like you had a really GREAT BIRTHDAY, with the presents, your kids, the great rub, and the perfect ribs.

It just doesn't get any better than that !

Congrats!

Bear

The ribs look great and Happy Birthday. Making up a new rub with your son is cool

Happy Birthday.  Maybe you should open up a little rib joint.  Did you spritz them with Yoshida's?

You didn't deliver any samples for me to certify.

Thanks Jeff and All -

The SMF December 2010 Newsletter walked me through every step. Question: Although they were the most tender "fall off the bone" ribs we have ever tasted, yielding a full pink juicy smoke ring on the inside, they sure were black on the outside. Did I do anything wrong?

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks Jeff and All -

The SMF December 2010 Newsletter walked me through every step. Question: Although they were the most tender "fall off the bone" ribs we have ever tasted, yielding a full pink juicy smoke ring on the inside, they sure were black on the outside. Did I do anything wrong?

Thanks,

Steve
Good ones all get pretty dark.

Maybe there's some sugar in your secret recipe to make it even darker? 
rolleyes.gif

Bear

Sugar-based products have a tendency to caramelize early and (perhaps) turn a very deep, dark (almost black some would say) brown before cooking is completed.  If nobody got sick, and you weren't cooking for a comp, don't worry about it. 

BTW, Disney wants to speak to you about your "Iron Will" trademark.
icon_wink.gif

Good one, Dirt Guy! I wondered when that one would surface? "Iron Will Dry Rub" is named after our son, Will Adam. Great kid...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky