My Daughters Engagement BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lemans

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 29, 2013
Jackson New Jersey
2D5F37B1-94A5-4142-8189-F0794BC334C3.jpeg
Friday I do the big smoke for the party
36 lbs of Brisket 32 lbs of Pork. That’s a lot of meat!!

So help me out. I’m smoking in Friday the party is Sunday . I was going to let the meat cool them vac wrap and leave it in the cooler . Then Sunday put it in a pit of 190 degree water . Slice and au jui and serve . What do you think

Reactions: JC in GB
If I remember correctly seeing a picture awhile back you have a hell of an arsenal of kamado style smokers? How much charcoal you think you will go through?

Had my alarm set for 4:00am. But at 12:30 my eyes wide open I said “mite as well.
I trimmed and seasoned the 3-14 lb prime Briskets last nite at 9:00 so no problem there.. so you know when someone says “I can get the meat for you” beware. At 12:30 I lite the grills
Back in the house to prepare the 4 Pork Butt. They are in a two pack .. I cut them open to find a horror!! They have been deboned!!! Oh god.. I wanted everything perfect.. so I slathered them and seasoned them and all on my WSM..
I never did a Butt without the bone.. wish me luck. Gotta cook faster I bet..

Don't worry about them not having a bone. NONE of the butts I get here have a bone, and every single one of them has been amazing, also done on my WSM.

You're going to rock this cook, I know it.!

It won't matter much. You are cooking by temperature, not time. When they are done, they are done. Relax, enjoy the experience, and graciously accept all the compliments.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky