1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My Daughters Engagement BBQ

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by lemans, Aug 14, 2019 at 6:04 PM.

1. lemans

lemans Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

2D5F37B1-94A5-4142-8189-F0794BC334C3.jpeg Friday I do the big smoke for the party
    36 lbs of Brisket 32 lbs of Pork. That’s a lot of meat!!

2. jaxgatorz

jaxgatorz Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Wow !! That's going to be fun !! Getting a seat early for this one . :emoji_thumbsup:

JC in GB likes this.
  3. smokerjim

smokerjim Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

that's a nice haul of meat, I think I would of topped it off with a couple of beers, I think you might need them for that smoking session

JC in GB and Derek717 like this.
  4. 5GRILLZNTN

5GRILLZNTN Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

That's going to be a heck of a party!

5. lemans

So help me out. I’m smoking in Friday the party is Sunday . I was going to let the meat cool them vac wrap and leave it in the cooler . Then Sunday put it in a pit of 190 degree water . Slice and au jui and serve . What do you think

JC in GB likes this.
  6. lemans

Pot

7. 5GRILLZNTN

5GRILLZNTN Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Nothing makes a party better! JK.

8. Carvendive

Carvendive Smoke Blower

*...Slice and au jui and serve" Sounds like a winner to me. I'd forget the pot and add in a 6 pack - well, maybe 3. That way I'd remember the party and not over do the smoke.

JC in GB and SmokinVOLfan like this.
  9. Sounds like a solid plan to me. We do that on a regular basis except we put in freezer then reheat that way.

JC in GB likes this.
  10. PoukieBear

PoukieBear Smoke Blower

Wow, that's a lot of pork! I've never been that ambitious....yet.

What are you smoking them on?

JC in GB likes this.
  11. SmokinVOLfan

SmokinVOLfan Master of the Pit

Gonna be one hell of a party! Good luck with everything. And I second you are gonna have to have some cold ones to make it through that smoke

JC in GB likes this.
  12. lemans

Gotta stay focused. Water and Red Bull only

JC in GB likes this.
  13. lemans

Going to be using my big guns. 22 WSM
    My BGE and my Vision.. the Ranch is doing the other two back up butts and the beans

JC in GB likes this.
  14. SmokinVOLfan

SmokinVOLfan Master of the Pit

If I remember correctly seeing a picture awhile back you have a hell of an arsenal of kamado style smokers? How much charcoal you think you will go through?

JC in GB likes this.
  15. siege

siege Meat Mopper

Congrats on your daughter's engagement. You are not losing a daughter, you're gaining a BBQ assistant.

JC in GB and kawboy like this.
  16. lemans

Had my alarm set for 4:00am. But at 12:30 my eyes wide open I said “mite as well.
    I trimmed and seasoned the 3-14 lb prime Briskets last nite at 9:00 so no problem there.. so you know when someone says “I can get the meat for you” beware. At 12:30 I lite the grills
    Back in the house to prepare the 4 Pork Butt. They are in a two pack .. I cut them open to find a horror!! They have been deboned!!! Oh god.. I wanted everything perfect.. so I slathered them and seasoned them and all on my WSM..
    I never did a Butt without the bone.. wish me luck. Gotta cook faster I bet..

JC in GB and smokinbill1638 like this.
  17. Good luck, it should be no problem. I have never tried one without a bone either.

JC in GB likes this.
  18. smokerjim

smokerjim Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I don't think they will cook a whole lot quicker, as for taste you won't know the difference( my opinion) good luck

JC in GB likes this.
  19. PoukieBear

PoukieBear Smoke Blower

Don't worry about them not having a bone. NONE of the butts I get here have a bone, and every single one of them has been amazing, also done on my WSM.

You're going to rock this cook, I know it.!

JC in GB likes this.
  20. siege

siege Meat Mopper

It won't matter much. You are cooking by temperature, not time. When they are done, they are done. Relax, enjoy the experience, and graciously accept all the compliments.

JC in GB likes this.