My computer messed up! i need help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lintonkennels

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 17, 2010
Salesville Ohio
Some how I got PEST DETECTOR 4.1 on my laptop and I can't get it off. I was wondering if you guys might have a good malware program that will delete things off here. I'm on my phone right now that's the only way I can't talk to you guys. Didn't know where to ask this question so I tried this one. Thanks guys

1.  Do a system restore.  (To access the System Restore Wizard, click Start, and then click Help and Support. Click Performance and Maintenance, click Using System Restore to undo changes, and then click Run the System Restore Wizard.)

2.  I use "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" to remove the infection.  (http://www.malwarebytes.org/, free download available)

Those are all great suggestions. What anti-virus program do you run? You might add SuperAntispyware free edition to your arsenal. There are tons of others and I run AVG as a primary AV but also keep the SuperAntispyware updated just in case something ugly gets through. There are a lot of programs to help you out and the link to remove the problem child would be the best course for this particular problem, then run your clean up programs after restarting the system. Good Luck

Yeah, MalwareBytes is awesome.  For future reference: if you run into something that MB can't clean then try combofix: http://www.combofix.org/
You should only use combofix if you are comfortable with troubleshooting a computer it is powerful and can ruin a registry.  Before I was a teacher I worked that company that sends people to your house to fix computers.  The chances of that happening is slim but if it does you better be ready to back up your registry.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky