My biggest smoke yet

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phathead69

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2016
TN
Got 3 butts avg 7lb after trimming seasoned up 7am and fire warming up the smoker. These are for daughter sorority fun Friday night.
20191119_075555.jpg
3 hours in
20191119_103734.jpg
Later today I'll be adding a ham and stalk of bolenga for us at work tomorrow. Fried bologna for breakfast and ham for lunch. Figure I'll add them around when I wrap the butts.

Bout 5 hours in temp 150ish. Smoker been 230 as fire burns down then up to 250ish with fresh preheated split. Could hold a little tighter by damper adjustments but working on a 27x30 shop build at same time. Never really seen any better results with a tighter temp tolerance hold when I kept adjusted.
20191119_124536.jpg

Reactions: JC in GB
I’m for the ride. All looks good so far. I really gotta give smoked bologna a go soon.

Bout hour ago panned the but and tight foil lid.
. 20191119_135620.jpg
Little mustard and rubs. Same rub as butts on the ham with cpl pinches added brown sugar. Bologna has little of butt rub but lot more cajun and jerk.
20191119_142415.jpg

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
Lookin' good!

Watching....

John
Thnks
I’m for the ride. All looks good so far. I really gotta give smoked bologna a go soon.
Its dang good. I'll admit I prefer what is called cracker bologna for my self. Smaller diameter so more smoke flavor per bite. Guys at work like the bigger chub. Fried with fried egg and piece of cheese.

Just checked the butts. Right at the 200 mark. Pulling from the bone and still just a little firm in the middle so chk again lookin for 205. Ham and bologna moving along. Notice the fat dripping on the the ham.
20191119_161555.jpg
Got the remaining poles anchored down. Ready to start plumbing up and tying them together. 20191119_161517.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky