My big fat Chuck roll thread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbq bubba

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 12, 2007
new baltimore, mi
Cooking for 100 for my daughters graduation party, she requested pulled beef!
Always being one to oblige, beef it is.........56 lbs of it!!
eek.gif

By imn88fan

Rubbed with Montreal Steak blend and cooking over Hickory, brought in a back-up drum.

By imn88fan

3 hrs in, spraying with a mix of AJ and W sauce.

By imn88fan

6 hrs in......

By imn88fan

Stay tuned, it's gonna be a looooooong weekend!!
cool.gif

Nope, for the additional meat, each drum has about 28 lbs of beef in them!

Running 8 hrs now on 8 lbs of charcoal and should be good for another 4 hrs.

Lookin good! You're going to be a busy guy for a couple days, hang in there and congrats on your daughters graduation!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looking good Bubba how many of your UDS's are you using for this smoke?

Oh MY ! those do look tasty!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
But you still have 3-4 hrs left. Thats a long smoke. Wow! Make sure ya show us the pile when ya got it pulled! My back hurts just thinkin about it!
icon_smile.gif

Great lookin' Q Bubba, that's gonna be one tasty party. Congrats on your daughter's graduation.

Looking real good, Bubba. Gotta love the drums. My other smokers feel neglected since I did mine.
I, too, would like to see the finished piles of pulled beef. That is one heap of meat. Gonna be a lotta happy folks at your place.

Those are some fine looking roasts. Lookin mighty tastey there. I'll have to give one of those a try. BBQ works really well at those grad parties... I had a top notch site member here do mine. Better him than me....
biggrin.gif

man I gotta try that! I am cooking for a bunch of people this summer and I wanted to do chuckies but thats cost prohibitive if you do 2-3lb chuck raost for like 80 people. How much wood did you throw at it? How did you keep it moist?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky