• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My basement smoker build

cycletrash

Meat Mopper
Joined Aug 25, 2009
I have a old coal cellar under my front porch that is built off of my basement, that Dave54 and I just ran electric and put duct work in with inline 6" fans. We also put a hanging rod in , Cause we are going to cure our own Hams !! MY next plan is to build a table for my MES and My Big Chief to smoke in this room .   

smokingohiobutcher

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 21, 2009
How do you like the in-lline duct fans?  Thinking about using one for a smoke extractor for my in-garage smoker...

SOB

dave54

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 12, 2009
I know I was impressed . Rob lit his A-maze-n smoker and a smoke generator and it pulled the smoke out pretty good

cycletrash

Meat Mopper
Joined Aug 25, 2009
The Inline fans work better than i thought...they are 250 cfm . The room still gets smokey, but it catches up and the rest of the basement doesn't get smokey, and I can't smell it upstairs in my house.

fpnmf

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 19, 2010
Looks like a great place to hang the dry cure stuff too..

mmmmmmmm peperoni..salami

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now this is gonna be interesting for sure. I can't wait to see thia thing in action so don't leave us hanging out here.

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
Yeah this is a cool idea!! get that thing going and lets see it in action!!! My grandmother has a coal shutte in here basement,i wonder..........NO i don't think she would.LOL

cycletrash

Meat Mopper
Joined Aug 25, 2009
O you will , In a couple weeks I will have 4 proscuitto hams curing in there.... I already have been cold smoking cheese and bacon in that room .  Now I will be able to do alot more in there !!!

cycletrash

Meat Mopper
Joined Aug 25, 2009
I now added a table in my smoking room to set my cold smoker and my MES . I am itching to smoke something this weekend !!

cycletrash

Meat Mopper
Joined Aug 25, 2009
Today I am smoking in my Basement !!  Two smokers going . I got sausage & kielbasa in my Big Chief cold smokingusing amaze-n-smoker. In my Mes I got a head of cabbage with butter and bacon with garlic

porked

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 2, 2009
Have you invited either your insurance man or the local fire chief over lately?

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.