My attempt of Bears Holiday Meltaway Candies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tbern

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 27, 2015
Southwest Minnesota
did my attempt at Bearcarvers Holiday meltaway candies. think it made 47 total. very easy to do and taste great!! thank you Bearcarver for sharing this!!
IMG_20221130_152717782.jpg

I think a few of them would end up in the "oops! guess I gotta eat these pile." I'm gonna have to do these pretty soon myself. Maybe for the family Christmas.
JIm

a good cook always has to "test" the product before letting anyone else get a chance to eat them!! and i did test!!
I think a few of them would end up in the "oops! guess I gotta eat these pile." I'm gonna have to do these pretty soon myself. Maybe for the family Christmas.
JIm

Had to give a small batch a shot, but I used Ghirardelli white and semi-sweet choc chips (not formulated for "melting" like the wafers, but it's what I had in the pantry)...the taste is GREAT, but, due to the choc I used, I think they set up too hard.

Reese cups have always been in my top 5 favorite candies...gotta get me some melting wafers!

Had to give a small batch a shot, but I used Ghirardelli white and semi-sweet choc chips (not formulated for "melting" like the wafers, but it's what I had in the pantry)...the taste is GREAT, but, due to the choc I used, I think they set up too hard.

Reese cups have always been in my top 5 favorite candies...gotta get me some melting wafers!
Makes a big difference!

Ryan

Reactions: SherryT
Those things are addictive and have made the rounds recently. i notice that yours are much darker in color than the ones I made and Bear's. My first thought is that you decided to forego the white chocolate...or maybe it's just bad lighting. they look really good though!! I'm about to make my 2nd batch.

Robert

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Those things are addictive and have made the rounds recently. i notice that yours are much darker in color than the ones I made and Bear's. My first thought is that you decided to forego the white chocolate...or maybe it's just bad lighting. they look really good though!! I'm about to make my 2nd batch.

Robert
Must be the lighting, the white chocolate is in there. And they are hard not to eat!!

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky