My 1st burnt end

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ronk1109

Original poster
Jun 21, 2020
Picked up some pork belly from good ole Costco and tried making some burnt ends. I was very pleased how these turned out. Melted in your mouth. I am having so much fun with all of this.
6295BF23-C969-49E1-B463-A7E57945A1DC.jpeg

Looks like you did a great job on them. Can we get some details on your process?
Of course. Started off with a new rub I picked up. All American pork barrel rub. Had some nice kick to it. Seasoned them well and got them on my racks. Smoked them at 275 till they hit about 190 and removed them. Placed them on a baking sheet. Hit them with more rub and a bbq sauce from target. Hard apple cider and mesquite. It was a tasty sauce. And pretty sweet to offset the spicier rub. And drizzled honey all over them. Put them back in for another 45 mins until they were nice and carmelized.

Reactions: TNJAKE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky