Mustard Sauce Spareribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

reinhard

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 6, 2013
Andover Minnesota

Found this mustard sauce from a guy on an outdoor site i post on. It was one that his mom made up. I have my own but when i tried his, it is now part of the rotation in my smoker and grill. I use it on chicken as well.Here it is:

Buzz's Moms Sauce

3/4 cup yellow mustard

1/2 cup honey

1/4 cup cider vinegar

2 T ketchup

1 T brown sugar

2 tsp worcestershire sauce

1 tsp hot sauce

put everything in a saucepan and heat on medium and stir well and mop the stuff on the last hour of cooking time.

This sauce is also good for a finishing sauce for pulled pork. I made my own sauce years ago that has to be the easiest sauce to make and cheap. Ketchup has it's own ingredients as we all know and so do salad dressings. So i happen to like Western salad dressing and combined it with ketchup. For example i take one cup western salad dressing and one cup ketchup and mix it together in a saucepan. I heated it up while stirring and took a taste test and i could not believe how good that was. However it was a little thick so i added apple juice to it until it was thin enough for a mop sauce that i like. Very simple and if someone wants some heat, they can add some red pepper flakes to their taste.

these are the two sauces i will be using for a graduation party for my neighbors daughter. Her dad is a Major in the Army and she will be going into the National Guard. Ribs, pulled pork, and some of my venison polish topped with my German kraut with bacon.  Reinhard

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky