Mulberry?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tiburon

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 19, 2019
Any one ever use mulberry for smoking. I saw this on a list of approved woods and wondered if they might be pulling someones leg or is it real? If so what would you use it for?

Yes, use it all the time. Light smoke somewhat like apple or pecan. Just be sure it is dry. If mulberry is growing in your area, I guarantee it is plentiful and easy to get.

Thank you, got two trees in my yard, and the trailer court I live in has about 600. Trimming them all the time so getting the wood is easy.

What Kammamm said, i use a lot of it, probably have 3 truck loads piled up now. I can't stress enough on the wood being dried out good, you'll know if it's not.

We have a butcher shop here called Thurns. Been in business for over 100 years. They use 70% oak and 30% mulberry. The mulberry has to season for a year.

We have a butcher shop here called Thurns. Been in business for over 100 years. They use 70% oak and 30% mulberry. The mulberry has to season for a year.
Been off awhile, sorry for slow reply. Got mulberry and fig curing now, maybe by fall or next spring they'll be ready. Thanks for the good info guys, Tiburon

Fig is supposed to be some of the best wood you can get for chicken and pork. Hard to come by and I can't bring myself to cut down the fig trees I've got.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky