Mozz Cheese Roll

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 17, 2009
Hendertucky, Nv.
This was inspired by a boars head roll but spiced up meateater style. I started with some fresh mozz roll

cheese and made a evoo and powdered wasabi rub and gave a good coating on the cheese. I added some

hard salami and some pickled garlic slices and put into a baggie and then vacuumed packed it for two

weeks. I'll smoke it after that and re-vacuum pack it for another two weeks, should be pretty cold in a few

weeks here. The mad smoker is at it again. 

61e2e725_cheese.jpg

d1b99f19_unrolled.jpg

35dd9af1_wasabi.jpg

bef7a939_hardsalami.jpg

3f588abb_pickledgarlic.jpg

5cb9ec20_sealed.jpg

crap.........that looks like it is going to be good as hell. no problem with the garlic going 2 weeks?

a cheese fattie?  I haven't seen the roll-up mozz. in my stores - gonna have to find some of that.  Just curious, why the 2 weeks before smoking?

Looks like there are gonna be some trades in the future.
icon_rolleyes.gif
 Will wait until it gets colder and you can maybe send overnite with a gel pack. We can not get that here. I will send you some fresh roasted coffee or what ever else you want from CA  

icon_cool.gif

Man oh Man that looks awesome. Where does the line start to get some of that cheese. I will camp out (if it warm out) for some of that cheese.

meateater the mad smoker at it again. I have to agree with TheBarbeQueen about the cheese fattie. Man does that sound good. I haven't seen the sheet roll cheese, but I'll be looking for it. Where did you picj it up at? I have to try this. Looking forward to the finished q-view.

Doug

Last edited:
maneater the mad smoker at it again. I have to agree with TheBarbeQueen about the cheese fattie. Man does that sound good. I haven't seen the sheet roll cheese, but I'll be looking for it. Where did you picj it up at? I have to try this. Looking forward to the finished q-view.

Doug
 I bought it at the store. If you cant find it get a sharp knife and make one.
icon_cool.gif

Last edited:
This is gonna be great!!!

Great idea Meateater!

Hey Meateater, and anyone else, I'm not a master of cheese, but instead of having to slice one up into a "Wrap & Roll" (if you can't find one in a store), what would happen if you spread a bunch of Mozzarella on a cookie sheet to smoke it, but take the temp up a little too high after smoking it awhile. Wouldn't it melt down into a sheet like a "Wrap & Roll"? Then when it cools you'd be good to go, with a home-smoked wrap & roll???

Just wondering??

Bear

Great idea Bear, that or I was thinking home made like squirrels and take a rolling pin to it. I'm just waiting for the weather report to cool down to smoke this thing. I'm still in shorts and a t-shirt.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

good idea Bear.......it should work.

Meat.....don't ya just love winters in the southwest!

Great idea Bear, that or I was thinking home made like squirrels and take a rolling pin to it. I'm just waiting for the weather report to cool down to smoke this thing. I'm still in shorts and a t-shirt.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif
In the 80's here today - must have been warmer where you are

Ya still warm here. They had the A.C. on at the convention center?
eek.gif
 Tomorrow will be a cold day......
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif
 for some.  

PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

I was a hold-out up here, but I broke, and put the long pants on 3 days ago. This morning it was 28˚ out here.

Oh meateater, my bad I didn't realize and apologize. I got in a hurry and miss typed. I didn't mean anything my bad. Sorry about that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky