Moving on up !!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sac - man

Original poster
Jul 4, 2011
Sacramento Ca.
Hello everybody   My name is Kent and live in Sacramento California, found this site one day a few months back and been having a blast smoking every weekend. started back about ten years ago with a Little chef electric and did a lot of fish but never tried any thing else.  then a couple of years back I bought a Char-Griller but did mostly just  strait barbeque.  would throw a few chips on the coals but that was it.  now after lurking around here I got the bug and went down to lowes and got SFB and I'm hooked now. having a lot of fun doing all the mods on this rig. been doing ribs and chicken and pork butts, hoping to find me a brisket at Sams for my Sunday smoke. did have a eye opener last Tuesday when I was doing up some kabobs and veggies on the BBQ and had my first grease fire, dang it
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif
  burnt a big hole in the sun screen I had up about 8 feet over the patio. bubbled all the paint on the Char-griller and lost about all the hair off my hands trying to deal with the inferno !! 
30.gif
owell now its time to do some more up grades
banana_smiley.gif
      anyway was just saying Hi and will be lurking around here soaking up all the great info  Thanks !  

Welcome to SMF. Im about 2.5 hours from you in Plumas County.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to  your first qview. 
icon14.gif
 Lived in Sac about 26 years ago myself for a bit. 

Welcome to the forum,  I don't know what a SFB is but if you had a grease fire I can guess it isn't an offset smoker.  Thankfully all you burned was an awning,  I get my smoker going and leave it unattended fairly often.  If you hadn't been attentive your post may have been completely different

" Hi new to the forum, I'm here because I am living in a hotel until the repairs to my house are finished!"

Again welcome, hope to see some Q view from you soon.

Al

Thanks for the warm Welcome 
beercheer.gif
       just got done putting the rub on my first brisket tonight and will give it a try tomarrow, went to the meat shop and the only packer they had was 53.00 bucks so I went to Safeway and got a smaller flat.  will be going to Sams next time.  I thought I would try and see if I could post some pictures of my last smoke.  Ribs -  chicken    and beans.............

Last edited:
Welcome I am also from Sacramento Area. Looks like you are already on your way to becoming a great smoker. There is a great group of Ladies and Dirt bags(Gentlemen) here that are usually more than happy to lend a hand.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky