Mounting the DigiQ Dx2 on a lang 60 question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ice daddy

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 19, 2012
North Florida --Tallahassee
Need some help on mounting the Guru on my Lang fire box.  I know several members have this installed on their Lang.  I saw several at the last North Fla gathering and didn't pay attention as to where/how they were mounted.  Is there a preferred way to mount this unit.  Do I need to drill a new hole in my fire box (ouch) or fabricate something to go over an existing opening.  Appreciate your wisdom in advance.   I can't wait to get this thing going.  I would have helped a ton last weekend when cooking a whole pig. 

I drilled a new hole below the fire grate and next to the vent and had to notch out my grate side to allow the air flow.  My grate is also elevated about two inches from what the shop sent out, have it sitting on some steel pipe couples.  I figured there would be times when I would want to use the vents and have them fully functional without having to do anything to them....and lucky for me that was this past weekend when my fan busted a nut...go buy a step bit from harbor freight for like $20...goes pretty quick..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky