Mother Nature , the power the destruction, but we are good

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
& the cleanup is the worst part.
Thanks Al, and yes that is and it will take the ones hit the hardest a while to clean up from this one.

I never experienced damage like we got from a 9 minute hailstorm. Mother Nature is really kicking a$$ this year

She is a nasty lady for sure, , even though you have gone through so many and each one is different , it is still powerful and scary , yes just from the Nor'easters we get all the time and the bad Ice Storm last winter, the weather is so unpredictable.

Al I hope you make out ok with what is hitting Florida today. Mona's sister has a house in Palm Bay Florida, she is here and quite nervous , not sure what will happen in that area right now.

David

Thanks everyone for the likes and comments

Now it is clean up and rebuild for so many around this section of Canada,

Now eyes on the islands and Florida, God be with them / you

David

Wow, looks to be devastating David, great you kids came thru OK! Much like PC Farmer, we don't get hurricanes, tornados, cyclones, or earthquakes here in AZ, just heat!. It's good to have the fridge and freezer going until power is back up, stay safe! RAY

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Just found this David.
Glad you didn't get hit any worse!
We had one of those "Woods Clearers" a few years ago.
We got hit with a "Wet Snow" (17") in October when most of the leaves were on the trees yet. All those Tons of snow stuck fast to the leaves, and tore limbs & trees down all over the place. "Ma Nature's Thinning Method". It sounded like a War Zone---Vietnam all over again!!

Now we gotta send some prayers down to Al & the rest of the Florida Boys!!

Bear

Last edited:
Wow, looks to be devastating David, great you kids came thru OK! Much like PC Farmer, we don't get hurricanes, tornados, cyclones, or earthquakes here in AZ, just heat!. It's good to have the fridge and freezer going until power is back up, stay safe! RAY

Thanks, it was a wild ride , and yes than god for generators, but still like camping, But others are much worse off than us.
And now starting to realize a few people missing here and there.

Everyplace has their bad things to deal with , ours is unpredictable weather, yours is extreme heat
We have power now as of last night. Not bad 5/6 days without real power.

Now are prayers are with Florida

David

Happy to hear you are ok. You guys got hit pretty hard up the there

Thanks Steve

Yes hit hard , many places it is just terrible, and will be a long time getting clear of this for them, the farmers Dairy and produce in both Nova Scotia and PEI were hit bad. And the fisheries on most of the coastal areas also.

So when I see the pictures and hear their stories , I have nothing to complain about at all.

Sending prayers for Florida and the surrounding areas

David

Just found this David.
Glad you didn't get hit any worse!
We had one of those "Woods Clearers" a few years ago.
We got hit with a "Wet Snow" (17") in October when most of the leaves were on the trees yet. All those Tons of snow stuck fast to the leaves, and tore limbs & trees down all over the place. "Ma Nature's Thinning Method". It sounded like a War Zone---Vietnam all over again!!

Now we gotta send some prayers down to Al & the rest of the Florida Boys!!

Bear

Thanks John Like I said above , we now have real power as of last night.
But so many will not for weeks and have to rebuild from nothing in some places.

It was wild , talking to a friend and she lives at the mouth of Halifax harbour and she did not even lose power. You just don't know.

That is the same here when the trees in full leaf, they catch every little bit of wind. Hard for them to stay up under that much pressure. Same as the ice storm we had last winter. All we could do was watch the trees get heavier as the ice just kept building. The trees finally gave in and just kept snapping and splitting under the weight. It was a terrible sound.

Sending prayers out to Florida and the surrounding area

David

Good to hear you survived with minimal damage David, and sorry to hear about some of your surrounding neighbors. It's a beautiful part of the country up there - stay strong. On the bright side. You may get some good smoking wood out of this.

Chris

Good to hear you survived with minimal damage David, and sorry to hear about some of your surrounding neighbors. It's a beautiful part of the country up there - stay strong. On the bright side. You may get some good smoking wood out of this.

Chris

Thanks Chris
Yes we were very lucky, with both our home and the RV at the campground. It was our turn to be fortunate and help who we could with what we could, as so many were not. And they will be fixing up after this for quite a while.

Now prayers for the Florida area

David

Crazy, hang in there, brother.
Thanks Dan for the like and the comment

It was a wild storm for sure. This was a couple weeks ago and some folks still with no power and some are homeless.

We were ok when you look at the damage to others and than Florida was hit with their terrible storm.

So the minor damage we had and 5/6 days no power . I can not complain at all.

David

Thanks Dan for the like and the comment

It was a wild storm for sure. This was a couple weeks ago and some folks still with no power and some are homeless.

We were ok when you look at the damage to others and than Florida was hit with their terrible storm.

So the minor damage we had and 5/6 days no power . I can not complain at all.

David
David, do you have any resent photos of the same area?
I was wondering what it looks like today.

Thank you.
Dan

David, do you have any resent photos of the same area?
I was wondering what it looks like today.

Dan I know the first picture of the Yellow house is just a flat lot now. They just flattened it and hauled the waste away. Not sure if they are going to rebuild

The row of houses is up on the Brule shore and I have not been up that way for a year or so . The pictures were on our news station web site.
They don't report when things are nice out . I will do a check and see what I can come up with.
As for all the trees and power lines , well trees are gone that were in the way. But lots of big tipped over stumps in yards and new power poles everywhere
in the city and around our parts

David

Dan I know the first picture of the Yellow house is just a flat lot now. They just flattened it and hauled the waste away. Not sure if they are going to rebuild

The row of houses is up on the Brule shore and I have not been up that way for a year or so . The pictures were on our news station web site.
They don't report when things are nice out . I will do a check and see what I can come up with.
As for all the trees and power lines , well trees are gone that were in the way. But lots of big tipped over stumps in yards and new power poles everywhere
in the city and around our parts

David
Thanks, David.
That is what I thought it must look like at this time, what a disaster. I'll stick with earthquakes for now. LOL

Wow! I just read this. We've been in recovery now from Ian for 2 months. I can't imagine doing it in the cold. We took a storm surge. and 125mph winds. Stay safe and warm sir.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky