Mother in law wants smoked ribs...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mowin

Master of the Pit
Original poster
May 30, 2015
upstate ny
Im on vacation starting today for 11 days. YES....
So MIL wants ribs, and already has them purchased.
Never done ribs, and was going to do the 3-2-1 or 2-2-1 method depending on what she has.
Well i guess she has indivdual ribs that are bone in and boneless.

I need advise on how to proceed. Dont want to make the MIL upset and the dogs happy...

Last edited:
Best thing I can think of with single bones is to rub them wrap them with bacon sprinkle on a little rub and smoke them up. Otherwise I would try to reassemble them maybe on a sheet of foil but not wrapped up so they still get some smoke hopefully without drying out.

Best thing I can think of with single bones is to rub them wrap them with bacon sprinkle on a little rub and smoke them up. Otherwise I would try to reassemble them maybe on a sheet of foil but not wrapped up so they still get some smoke hopefully without drying out.

Was kinda thinking along the same lines.. Do the 3-2-1 or 2-2-1 method depending on how big they are.

My dogs seem overly excited...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky