"Mother in law asked for it" with pictures

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great job David. Everything looks good. That was very gracious of you. And the menu was a nice touch. It was a lot of work, but I would say all appreciated it and had a great time.

You served up a great meal! And I love your menu idea...very special indeed! Great to hear about families getting together and spending quality time together also! I'm just wondering if she won at cards?

Ryan

"Mother in law asked for it" with pictures, First off she is in her low 80"s and does not ask for much. Very sweet lady. But she asked if i could do some ribs for her. So of coarse i said yes. She normally comes out once a month on the weekend to pay cards and have 1 beer. So i thought it would be nice if i made it special. So i made up a menu and emailed it to here for Saturday's supper. Here is the menu

View attachment 487142
So i also mailed it to her other daughter and made it a meal for 6 people ( big thank you to Mrs.Bear pie was fantastic ).
So it is St. Louis with Vanilla-Brown Sugar Glaze
Split chicken wings, Smoked Mac and Cheese, smoker was nice and full
Inside i made Butter-Swim Biscuits and topped it off with
Mrs. Bears Cherries in the Snow pie

So here are some shots of the meal
Thanks for looking
View attachment 487143View attachment 487144View attachment 487145View attachment 487146View attachment 487147View attachment 487148View attachment 487149View attachment 487150
Way too much food for 6 people .....awwww left overs today for lunch , supper and watch the hockey game tonight, Thanks for looking, David
Looks great

That looks like a feast there!! I would have eaten until my stomach started to hurt.

I wouldn't be surprised if she asks for that again. 😆

Very cool David! All the food looks great and love the custom menu. I miss have my FiL around for things like this. I’ve not heard of the game Rummoli
Thanks for the like
Rummoli is a card game that has been around for a long time. As kids mom and dad would play it with us , we used pennies back than, here is a board i made for my wife 20 years ago we still use all the time
DSC_2237.JPG
IMG0014.gif

fun game .
David

Last edited:
Reactions: Wurstmeister
That looks like a feast there!! I would have eaten until my stomach started to hurt.

I wouldn't be surprised if she asks for that again. 😆
Thanks ksblazer, yes it was way too much food for 6 but we all rolled away from table quite full , and as we speak
MIL is dishing up leftovers to take home for her tonight's supper.
David

Reactions: ksblazer
Great job David. Everything looks good. That was very gracious of you. And the menu was a nice touch. It was a lot of work, but I would say all appreciated it and had a great time.
Thanks robrpb, yes all was great , fun had by all. Thanks about the menu idea and the work is worth it. Cooking is a release now from work for me. Everyone was happy
David

You served up a great meal! And I love your menu idea...very special indeed! Great to hear about families getting together and spending quality time together also! I'm just wondering if she won at cards?

Ryan
Thanks for the like, and to start yes she smoked us all at Rummoli " pun intended " yes it was easy to build the menu , free template on internet.
always nice to have family time
David

That was very thoughtful of you to take time to make the visit special. Ya'll will be the talk of her social circle as well as the family for years to come! Almost forgot, the spread looks wonderful!! 🍻
Thanks for the like Wurstmeister, I'm always the talk about something...not always good lol.
Thanks about the food. First time with that much and different cooks with different times. almost reminded me of back in the kitchens, almost
David

Man I envy you! That is the main thing driving my mother nuts through all of this. We used to have her out several times a month for lunch and cribbage. Now the facility wont let the resident leave for such excursions. I still sneak here food as much as I can, but it's not the same. I will be stealing your invite/menu idea when this is all over! Great job!

Man I envy you! That is the main thing driving my mother nuts through all of this. We used to have her out several times a month for lunch and cribbage. Now the facility wont let the resident leave for such excursions. I still sneak here food as much as I can, but it's not the same. I will be stealing your invite/menu idea when this is all over! Great job!
Thanks kawboy , we are lucky she can still live on her own so far. And up here where we are it is the same in the homes , they are on and off of lock downs. My wife and her mom are great friends also, and they really look forward to playing cards and Rummoli . And yes she still wants her 1 warm beer.
Good you can sneak her in some food but like you said not the same.

By all means steal away. I just went on line and found a free temp plate for the menu and manipulated it for what i wanted.
Have smoken good time and stay safe
David

Reactions: kawboy
Tell her to come down south we will hook her up with more than one beer and they will be cold 😂😂
Ha ha , i bet you guys could. I keep asking her if she wants a cold one , but no she likes them warm. We have a full bar downstairs by the pool table , but no just 1 beer.

She is quite funny, i have asked her if she would like another and this is her response:
" No thank you I can fell it, if I have an other ANYONE could feel it " then she starts laughing, god love her.
David

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky