Morning breakfast with a different brand of grits.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Morning all,
After hearing folks say these grits are very good. I bought a bag on vacation.

IMG_20221120_064929592_HDR.jpg

Got a few shrimp sauté in a pan with butter and garlic.

IMG_20221120_065007903.jpg

Cooked the grits using chicken stock, a first for me, I always used water. Added butter and mild cheddar.

IMG_20221120_071246589.jpg

Plated up. And added some bacon crumbles. The chicken stock really richens up the taste. Now I'm too full to do any work around the house!

Looks great!

Most things that take water can be enhanced with a stock... though using a low sodium stock is best to allow you to control the salt levels. Making homemade chicken stock is fairly easy in a crock pot using the carcass of a rotisserie chicken and a ton of vegetables!

Looks great!

Most things that take water can be enhanced with a stock... though using a low sodium stock is best to allow you to control the salt levels. Making homemade chicken stock is fairly easy in a crock pot using the carcass of a rotisserie chicken and a ton of vegetables!
Thank you! This was low sodium stock.

Reactions: kilo charlie
Looks fantastic Steve, we've been eating grits about once a month since we first tried them. I've got about one more serving left of the instant grits, before I venture out and order some real grits.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks fantastic Steve, we've been eating grits about once a month since we first tried them. I've got about one more serving left of the instant grits, before I venture out and order some real grits.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! Real grits are easy to make. Just mind the temp on the stove. It can scorch and make a mess of your pan pretty quick.

awesome looking breakfast!!
Thanks!

I love shrimp and grits. I could dive into yours without a second thought. Looks great!
Jim

See now if Cracker Barrel had put those grits on my plate I probably have liked my first and only order of grits

They look and sound like I could eat them up for sure......not the shrimp, but thats me

David

I love shrimp and grits. I could dive into yours without a second thought. Looks great!
Jim
Thanks Jim!
See now if Cracker Barrel had put those grits on my plate I probably have liked my first and only order of grits

They look and sound like I could eat them up for sure......not the shrimp, but thats me

David
Shrimp isn't for everyone in grits. I've also put chunks of ham in them before. Or more thick cut bacon.

How do the Carolina grits compare to Palmetto? Palmetto is what we normally buy.

That looks delicious Steve!
I eat grits every morning, but with eggs & toast. That would be a killer afternoon meal for us!
Al

Try Gouda with those grits. It adds a new dimension to shrimp and grits. A few small chunks of butter-sauteed mushrooms doesn't hurt either.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky