More South African Droewors

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
I really like this stuff.

Here is what i use. The mix s Crown National safari droewors mix. you dont need to add anything to it.

You do however need to work faster than the vinegar will.

IMG_3405.JPG

Sheep casing
IMG_5980.JPG

IMG_5093.JPG

The droewors mixed with 4 tsp malt vinegar
IMG_3788.JPG

Mix and stuff fast. Dont worry about air pockets in the casings. Remember (south african) desert life.
IMG_4012.JPG

Add 1/2 cup white vinegar to very hot water, put this is a pan. You will put the filled casings in this solution for 30 seconds both sides.
Sorry forgot pic of the pan.
IMG_0402.JPG

Hang in a well ventilated area. I do not have my bulb on as its warm in the RV.
IMG_0506.JPG

IMG_2943.JPG

See in 4-6 days. The droewors will shrink some and get dark.

I feel like I've just drove up on the Krallkop store near Fochville. I miss droewors & Castle beer. Looking forward to the finished product. How many days till they're ready?

4-6 days. might be sooner but dont rush things

The droewors is done.

Droëwors is a Southern African snack food, based on the traditional, coriander-seed spiced boerewors sausage. It is usually made as a dunwors rather than dikwors, as the thinner sausage dries quicker and is thus, less likely to spoil before it can be preserved.

IMG_0380.JPG

Reactions: texomakid
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky