More From the Bear Den Zoo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just a word to the wise, John. If the buzzards started hanging out in my yard, I be looking over my shoulder a lot. :emoji_laughing: :emoji_laughing:
Gary

I know they're always watching me, and waiting!
Even when I'm mowing my Yards, I see their shadows from circling between Me & The Sun!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Bear that’s awesome I can’t wait to get some land like that and enjoy it. My only issue is my wife is a beach kinda girl (saltwater). And I’m more of a I’ll take a river/stream and a 4wd. Problem with my job is we’re located mostly on the coasts along the ocean. Definitely jealous of what you have there.

Bear that’s awesome I can’t wait to get some land like that and enjoy it. My only issue is my wife is a beach kinda girl (saltwater). And I’m more of a I’ll take a river/stream and a 4wd. Problem with my job is we’re located mostly on the coasts along the ocean. Definitely jealous of what you have there.

Thank You!
I know exactly what you mean:
Back in 1969, I went from Vietnam to Hawaii. Mrs Bear came down to be with me & we spent more than a year there. Hawaii was indeed Beautiful, but we couldn't wait to get back to the hills of Pennsylvania.

Bear

Great pics, Mr. Bear. That is a black vulture if anyone is wondering about the specific species. I'm a bit of a bird geek.
Black vultures are not very common in PA so you had a good visitor to your bird bath. I'm betting most of the vultures you see 'stalking' you are turkey vultures.
Thanks for the great pics.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Great pics, Mr. Bear. That is a black vulture if anyone is wondering about the specific species. I'm a bit of a bird geek.
Black vultures are not very common in PA so you had a good visitor to your bird bath. I'm betting most of the vultures you see 'stalking' you are turkey vultures.
Thanks for the great pics.

Thanks Shawn!!
I never knew much about Buzzards & Vultures, except we see them circling around here often, and sitting on the tops of Power Towers here.
And when working on or around Cell Towers, it's good to whack the steel tower a few times with a wrench to get them to leave, before they crap on you.
When I was stationed at Ft Hood, I found out why they called some "Puke Buzzards" when I hit one with a "Deuce & a Half". What a Stink!!

Bear

IMG_0769.jpg
IMG_0770.jpg
IMG_0773.jpg
IMG_0777.jpg

Porch visitors tonight

Nice Pics Jake!!
I had 5 across my front yard this morning, but the fog was so thick, I didn't bother with my camera.
Like.

Bear

3 does and a fawn view from carport storm door

Nice Pic, Jake!!
We had 5 here last night.
However we also had a Fox Fight in the back yard.
It looked like a duel to the finish, but they might just play very rough.
That's the first time we saw more than One for at least 2 months.
We usually see one fox every day, either here or there.
Saw him in the Driveway about an hour ago.
He still comes up on our back deck, snooping around now & then too. LOL Cute Little Guy!

Bear

Last edited:
Mrs Bear's getting out of hand:
I told her not to feed the Fox.
So I gave her some stale bread to throw out for the Birds, like she always does---Right behind & below the Bird Feeders.
So she's going out the patio door, and I say where you going.
She says "To feed the birds".
So I see her going to the right end of the Deck, and I sneak down & watch out my Bedroom Window. I see her throw the bread toward where the Fox always comes from. Then I see her lips moving, like she's saying something.

Then she comes back in, and I say, "Did you give that Fox a Name?"
She says "Freddy".
I said, "Were you calling Freddy, while you were throwing the bread in his direction?"
She says, "He always looks Hungry!!"

Oh Well---Probably one of the reasons I love her all these 51 Years!!!

Bear

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky