• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

More fish to smoke

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
Today I'm outside the Golden Gate bringing in more future Salmon smoking.

1st fish

2nd fish

And I am feeding the crew with Salmon Lox, Jerky, Nuggets as well as a Salmon log.

Belch!

Oh and some smoked Mozzi cheese

Last edited:

bkleinsmid

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 11, 2010
What a great lunch.
I want to go with you next time. Willing to give up any of those recipes????

Brad

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2013
That is so beautiful!!!!!!!!!! How fortunate you are to access such incredible fish! That looks tremendous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic stuff! Happy midweek! Cheers! - Leah

foamheart

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2013
You are just such a tease! LOL.......I bet you are making even more friends!

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Nice looking catch!! The first fish that I hooked Sunday was a nice 8-10 pound coho!!! Unfortunately the Coho season is closed in the Ocean off of Oregon
Oh well the lingcod and rockfish were biting just fine!

What do you put in your salmon log?

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
Case,

The wife came back from a rock and ling cod trip last week, so I said "Hey, now we need more Salmon".    The log consists of smoked Salmon, cream cheese, onion, lemon juice, horse radish and chopped pecans.

Craig

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012

Case,

The wife came back from a rock and ling cod trip last week, so I said "Hey, now we need more Salmon".    The log consists of smoked Salmon, cream cheese, onion, lemon juice, horse radish and chopped pecans.

Craig
Sounds great! My grandma used to always make a salmon log and a smoked cheese ball for holiday gatherings.

I plan on smoking some rockfish that I have in the freezer that is a few months old along with a black cod that I have. Probably make some of it into fish jerky, as I like the texture a bit better when smoking rockfish.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.