(More) BIG Shot Glass Burgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 14, 2016
Central Missouri
We had a little company yesterday evening and were wanting a quick BBQ-style supper. Deviled eggs, chips and dip, salad, watermelon and "beer can burgers" little brother - big shot glass burgers. Everyone got to fill their own burger and after about a hour (IT of 160F-165F) in my MES40 at 275F using hickory chips, these are the results. Stuffings included various cheeses, jalapeno-spinach-artichoke dip, andouille sausage, red peppers and onions, mushrooms and even more cheese.

These are always a hit and so easy to make. Everyone enjoys making them too. The reason for the big Texas-sized shot glass, which is about the size of a small juice glass, is we only used 6 oz. of 80-20 beef per burger. These fit on a bun, but no-one used one.

IMG_5747.jpg

Last edited:
We had a little company yesterday evening and were wanting a quick BBQ-style supper. Deviled eggs, chips and dip, salad and "beer can burgers" little brother - big shot glass burgers. Everyone got to fill their own burger and after about a hour (IT of 160F-165F) in my MES40 at 275F using hickory chips, these are the results. Stuffings included various cheeses, jalapeno-spinach-artichoke dip, andouille sausage, red peppers and onions, mushrooms and even more cheese.

These are always a hit and so easy to make. Everyone enjoys making them too. The reason for the big Texas-sized shot glass, which is about the size of a small juice glass, is we only used 6 oz. of 80-20 beef per burger. These fit on a bin, but no-one used one.

View attachment 450535
uncle eddie uncle eddie
Eddie, Those look great do you par cook the veggie's and fungi? I need to try making some of these for the girls.

I'm thinking blue cheese, fungi, a little spinach and carnalized vidalia onion for mine...Yum!!!!

Thanks.
Dan

Very nice Eddie! I like how your guests can customize them to create some interesting flavors. That would be a cool idea for a friendly competition.

Reactions: uncle eddie
uncle eddie uncle eddie
Eddie, Those look great do you par cook the veggie's and fungi? I need to try making some of these for the girls.

I'm thinking blue cheese, fungi, a little spinach and carnalized vidalia onion for mine...Yum!!!!

Thanks.
Dan

I normally saute some onions, peppers and mushrooms before-hand but the person that wanted them wanted to try them freshly sliced. So - we aim to please. The veggies and shrroms ended up coming out tender and flavorful due to the moisture from the burger and basically cooking in "cheese sauce" ha-ha

Reactions: forktender
Boy howdy Eddie, those burgers look great and must have been a sure winner with your company, Like! Something about a jalapeno-spinach-artichoke dip with caramelized onions and cheddar cheese is clouding my brain, I'll trying that out real soon. RAY

Reactions: uncle eddie
Those look great! I'm with the others ....nice way for everyone to be involved and customize there own!

You just inspired a trip to Sam's Club Eddie! I make my 80-20 burger into 9 ounce vac-seal packs in case I want to split them in half for smash or just have the whole thing for a decent sized burger. I'm thinking two patty's stuffed and smoked on the Weber using the SnS at about 250º with cheddar added on top near the end and some caramelized onions from the flat top. Sam's was loaded with everything so I re-stocked on Kleenex, tissue, paper towels chicken legs, Evan and picked up this dip for stuffing the burger. I might be getting on this real soon! RAY
DSCN1905.JPG

Man Eddie I saw this post the other day while I was at work. I wanted to comment then but didn't have a chance. Those baby-beer-can-burgers look fabulous. I like the idea of personalizing them. Great Job

Point for sure
Chris

Man Eddie I saw this post the other day while I was at work. I wanted to comment then but didn't have a chance. Those baby-beer-can-burgers look fabulous. I like the idea of personalizing them. Great Job

Point for sure
Chris

They are fun to make for sure - especially when people have never made them before. Some get really creative. Thanks for the like!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky