More Bear Problems

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
More Bear Problems

I figured it was time to say something about this.
I’m not looking for any pity, I just want to let you know what’s what from the Bear Den.
I had another Stroke Sunday afternoon. Everything got blurry, and I was pretty unstable for a few hours. I needed Bear Jr’s help to get to the bathroom, and back to my chair.

The dizziness got back to “Normal” after a few hours, and I slept in my chair for the next 2 nights. That way Mrs Bear would be close if I had a problem, instead of all the way at the other end of the house, in our bedroom. It’s been a real PITA, because screwing with my oxygen tubing while walking with a walker is not a game they ever showed on “Truth or Consequences”. I’m making it though, and have slept the last 2 nights in our bed rather comfortably. My balance has suffered more than it already was, and my eyes are a little screwed up, especially the left one, which has had problems since the first stroke I had, while in the hospital 11 years ago. My peripheral vision has been reduced on the left side, so it would be easy to sneak up on me from that side.
So I’m apologizing now for missing so many more Great food threads being posted. I’m already missing a lot, because I’m averaging about 1 “Alert” email per day, these days, so I kinda have to hunt for posts—They don’t come to me, like they used to.
I’m also having trouble with any type under size 18, so I’m doing the best I can.
I still have a lot of stuff I’ve already done, because I’m always way behind on matching my Text with my food pictures, so when I’m able I still have stuff to post.
However everything will be Pre-Stroke Pictures (Before July 17th), because since then Mrs Bear took over complete Cooking Duty at “The Bear Den”.

So if I’m missing here & there, don’t get upset. Mike from South Carolina will know what’s up, as he’ll be in touch with Mrs Bear, if I’m not able for a time.

So that’s about it for now. Gotta close my eyes for awhile.

Bear
Hey Bear, I'm sorry to hear about the stroke. My prayers and best wishes are with you and your family.
You participate as much or as little as you want here. Your contributions have always been awesome and you are an exemplary member of the community.

Get well soon my friend! :)

Sorry I missed this, John. Been pretty darn busy. I hope the best for you. You're a tough old bird.

Sorry to hear about this, John.
I mostly lurk here, but I know have learned a ton from you and so many others here on SMF.
Hope you get better soon-

Hey Bear, I'm sorry to hear about the stroke. My prayers and best wishes are with you and your family.
You participate as much or as little as you want here. Your contributions have always been awesome and you are an exemplary member of the community.

Get well soon my friend! :)
Thank You Tall !!
That's very nice of you to say.

Bear

Reactions: tallbm
More Bear Problems

I’m not looking for any pity, I just want to let you know what’s what from the Bear Den.
I had another Stroke Sunday afternoon. Everything got blurry, and I was pretty unstable for a few hours. I needed Bear Jr’s help to get to the bathroom, and back to my chair.

The dizziness got back to “Normal” after a few hours, and I slept in my chair for the next 2 nights. That way Mrs Bear would be close if I had a problem, instead of all the way at the other end of the house, in our bedroom. It’s been a real PITA, because screwing with my oxygen tubing while walking with a walker is not a game they ever showed on “Truth or Consequences”. I’m making it though, and have slept the last 2 nights in our bed rather comfortably. My balance has suffered more than it already was, and my eyes are a little screwed up, especially the left one, which has had problems since the first stroke I had, while in the hospital 11 years ago. My peripheral vision has been reduced on the left side, so it would be easy to sneak up on me from that side.
So I’m apologizing now for missing so many more Great food threads being posted. I’m already missing a lot, because I’m averaging about 1 “Alert” email per day, these days, so I kinda have to hunt for posts—They don’t come to me, like they used to.
I’m also having trouble with any type under size 18, so I’m doing the best I can.
I still have a lot of stuff I’ve already done, because I’m always way behind on matching my Text with my food pictures, so when I’m able I still have stuff to post.
However everything will be Pre-Stroke Pictures (Before July 17th), because since then Mrs Bear took over complete Cooking Duty at “The Bear Den”.

So if I’m missing here & there, don’t get upset. Mike from South Carolina will know what’s up, as he’ll be in touch with Mrs Bear, if I’m not able for a time.

Bear
Take care, man!

Man you seem like such a cool old timer, with a lot to tell, and teach. Take care buddy, I wish you well, and many more cooks to come. I googled that Weber sandwich Btw cool story. My prayers for you and the family

Just keep your mind active Bear, and don't dwell on things. Stay strong, and be there with your family. That's all that matters.

More Bear Problems

Bear
Hope things go better for ya Bear. I know about the strokes because i have had 2 of them myself so take it easy and rest as much as you need too. It takes a while to adjust to what's going on. We will be thinking and praying for you on this end.

HT

More Bear Problems

Bear
Get well my friend. I will put you and your family in my prayers

Man you seem like such a cool old timer, with a lot to tell, and teach. Take care buddy, I wish you well, and many more cooks to come. I googled that Weber sandwich Btw cool story. My prayers for you and the family
Thank You CB !!
Old Timer---LOL-Yup---My Son is older than you.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky