More Baby Backs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hmcm

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
Upland, California
I decided to try some more baby backs this past weekend and they came out great!  I used Jeff's rub and BBQ sauce again and it was very good.  My wife had a bunch of her friends over and they couldn't get enough of them!

My question to the group is:  I've heard about some rubs with coffee in them. Has anyone tried anything like these and are they worth pursuing?  Are they good for ribs or butts or both?  It sounds intriguing so I thought I would give it a try but I wanted to run it by a few "experts" before I waste some time and good meat.  Here are a couple of photos of the BBR racks.  

Thanks!

515134d6_After5hourssauceappliedreadytoeat.jpg
23bad67b_Readytoeat.jpg

Congratulations on those great looking ribs...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
   I haven't used coffee in my rubs yet, but if you do, make notes on your  rubs and tune it in to where you want it.  Good luck and let the fun begin.

your ribs look amazing,great job!!! I have not made any coffee based sauce myself..but i have had some made by my buddy and it was pretty good.Try making one up and see whay you think,thats the only way to know if your going to like it!!!!

Those look delicious. Nice pullback. If you find that coffee recipe please post it for all to see. It sounds interesting.

icon_cool.gif

Those ribs look awesome and you can just see how good they are too.

Thanks Cliff!  That's the one I was looking at.  I'll have to give it a try and let everyone know how it went!

What's up Pirate??

I used the 2-2-1 method.  They were on the rack for the first 2 hours then I put them in the pan because the last time I did ribs, I put them in aluminum foil with apple juice.  That made a huge mess so this time I decided to put them in the pan and cover the pan with foil. Then, the last hour I removed the foil cover and put the BBQ sauce on and left them in the pan.  It worked out great. 
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I have used strong coffe in the dutch oven when making a pot roast. It was a hit!!

Have a great day!

Craig

I have used strong coffe in the dutch oven when making a pot roast. It was a hit!!

Have a great day!

Craig

Thanks for sharing this, Craig!  I really like the idea of using brewed coffee as a foiling liquid- think I might try that on my next chuckie.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky