Mops and longevity.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

toasterdood

Original poster
Feb 25, 2010
DFW, Tx
Created a Mop last Friday which I had about a half of bowl left. I have thrown it in the fridge I plan on using it Saturday. Question is how long is a mop good for?? I am not sure if the spices go bad sitting in the juice

What was in it

Soy Sauce
Worcestershire
Vinegar
Water
Chili Power
Ground Cumin
Paprika

Can not remember the rest at the moment. Any help is greatly appreciated.

It depends, did the mop you were using touch the cooking meat, and then go back into what you have left over. If thats the case I would toss it. If it didnt I would use it.

Ditto..... if the brush or mop you were using went from the meat to the mop from the beginning.... pitch it. I don't use a mop but it's basically the same principal when you marinade. If there is any contact with the utensil your using from meat to mop it's gotta go. I probably wouldn't use it again anyway. I'd figure out how to mix up what I'm going to use for that smoke and minimize how much was left over.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky