Mold.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have a Bradley and had that happen to me once. I used a spray bottle of bleach to clean everything well. Rinsed it all with water then did a couple hour smoke cycle at a high temp to freshen it up. Worked fine for me. I’m sure there are other methods.

I'd normally say BURN-OUT time, but I don't think the MES can reach those temps. Simply-Green has a product that may work.

Chris

Turn the heat up... burn it out... brush off the remaining cooked stuff... I do that to my MES 30... 2 hours at 275.. it's all gone....

I'm with Dave on this one.
And also, Dave didn't mention it, but cooking out the smoker after use can sterilize it so the next time you open it, no furry monkey jumps out at you.
(See Dave, I am paying attention to your sage advice...)

Reactions: daveomak
I store my MES 30 in the laundry/mud room. Critters out in the country get after cooking stuff left out on the porch. I usually leave it open a couple of days after a smoke since I wash all the pans, grills, etc. Now I'll just leave it cracked and all will be fine. Thanks for the tip guys.

I store my MES 30 in the laundry/mud room. Critters out in the country get after cooking stuff left out on the porch. I usually leave it open a couple of days after a smoke since I wash all the pans, grills, etc. Now I'll just leave it cracked and all will be fine. Thanks for the tip guys.

Keeping the door cracked open is the best approach. I simply left the door cracked, covered the unit with a large garbage bag, and stored it in my dry garage. Never had an issue with mold or any other contaminate.

Good luck,

John

Hard to believe, but it never happened to me in over 8 years.
However if it did, I would burn it out, like Dave said.
I would hesitate to use water, as water & electric don't usually like each other.

Bear

One thing is the humidity at your location. Here, it is typically very low, which computes as very dry. Right now, 10%.
So mold don't grow on a popped corn fart.
But, holy cow, where one of the Daughters lives in Port Orchard, WA, they have to spray their roof and eves and walls outside to abate the molds and mosses.
Ventilation is a key factor, yes. But sterilizing the inside of the smokers oven is my choice.
Burn up any little boogers trying to take a foothold.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky