Molasses Apple Crisp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
In my post on St Louis Ribs Meal I mentioned that I made a Molasses Apple Crisp. There were a couple of requests for the recipe ergo this post.

The best thing about this recipe is how easy it is. I go the recipe from the Crosby Molasses site so I can't take credit for it but it has become a favourite around here.

The ingredients are:

• 75 ml (1/3 cup) butter
  • 125 ml (1/2 cup) brown sugar
  • 175 ml (3/4 cup) sifted flour
  • 75 ml (1/3 cup) Crosby's Fancy Molasses
  • 5 ml (1 tsp) cinnamon
  • 1 ml (1/4 tsp) salt
  • 5 apples
I cored and sliced the apples. I sprinkled the cinnamon and salt over the apples and tossed. I poured the molasses over the apples and tossed to coat.

DSC08683.jpg

DSC08684.jpg

I creamed the butter with the brown sugar. I added the flour and mixed until it was crumbly.

DSC08685.jpg

Spread the crumb mixture over the apples and bake in a 350 F oven for 30 minutes.

DSC08708.jpg

Of course it needs a couple of scoops of ice cream. I don't make the rules, I just follow them.

DSC08710.jpg

The Verdict

If you like molasses you will love this. There is a nice molasses taste that really goes with the cinnamon and apples.

Disco

That looks good! Looks easy enough too. I’ll have to try it this weekend, I have all the ingredients on hand.

Thanks Disco. That was fast!!
I have everything I need. Miss Linda will never notice that her supply of apples just s I'll be making this tomorrow--smoking 3 pounds of salmon right now.
No question about me loving it. But I'm not too sure about Miss Linda, my step-daughter, and son in law. Gee, I might be forced to eat it all myself. LOL.
Gary

Thanks Disco. That was fast!!
I have everything I need. Miss Linda will never notice that her supply of apples just s I'll be making this tomorrow--smoking 3 pounds of salmon right now.
No question about me loving it. But I'm not too sure about Miss Linda, my step-daughter, and son in law. Gee, I might be forced to eat it all myself. LOL.
Gary
Everyone here liked it but I have a friend who thinks molasses is awful so there are people who aren't into it.

3 pounds of salmon? You could become She Who Must Be Obeyed's best friend. She loves salmon! I look forward to the post.

Thanks. I know we can't get that brand here

Btw, that's one old dish.

Very nice .. points to you again disco .. we do the french vanilla ice cream here .. there was an old saying growing up .. hold your tongue as and say molasses on the table .. lol ...

Very nice .. points to you again disco .. we do the french vanilla ice cream here .. there was an old saying growing up .. hold your tongue as and say molasses on the table .. lol ...
We never had molasses when I was growing up. I fell in love with it when I did! Thanks for the point!

Thanks Disco wife will make it tomorrow I'm a molasses only on my pancakes guy and on my sausage sammies too.
I grew up with molasses and that's been a while I'm no spring chicken. A like your way my friend.

Warren

Thanks Disco wife will make it tomorrow I'm a molasses only on my pancakes guy and on my sausage sammies too.
I grew up with molasses and that's been a while I'm no spring chicken. A like your way my friend.

Warren
I hope you like it and thanks for the kind words.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky