Moink Balls - first time ever w/qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

billm75

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 6, 2010
I saw the recipes and Qviews here about these Moink Balls and decided we HAD to try them.  I made a few smoked burgers recently, and figured I needed to keep that trend going.

These moink balls (or clones, since I made my own balls) were ground beef, country sausage, black eyed pigz cinnamon chipotle rub, worcestershire, eggs and bread crumbs.  I did a full write-up on this at my web site, but I'll show you a few pics here as well, since you guys are the reason I even knew to try these things!

5c2e92e9_1.jpg

The ingredients

7ab11853_2.jpg

My six year old sous chef hard at work.

87c8f67c_5.jpg

After 90 minutes on a 325 degree smoker, fed with hickory smoke and glazed with Cattleman's Mississippi Honey BBQ Sauce.

Needless to say, out of 40 balls, none were left.  All of the kids (well 3, since the teenager was at work) helped to destroy 20 of them.  Me and momma worked on the rest during the evening.

Thanks guys for the great ideas!  Hope you enjoyed the Qview.

Great lookin Moinks ! They are probably my favorite appitizer.

Looks great. Next time take some cubes of pepper jack and insert into the middle of the moink for a nice surprise

icon_cool.gif

Now your moink balls look awesome and they can'y get any better then completely home made. They are on my menu for the great southern smoke feast that we are having up here in New York.

We have domesicated moinks in these parts.  They're just under the size of a common golf ball.  However, I have heard stories of packs of wild moinks running free in the mid west from time to time

I did a full write-up on this at my web site, but I'll show you a few pics here as well, since you guys are the reason I even knew to try these things!

How long are you gonna keep this a secret
icon_mrgreen.gif

Great post thanks for sharing

Keep what a secret?  LOL  I can't advertise my web site here, it's against forum rules and I certainly don't want to get banned.  If you look in my signature and put the name together with .com you can find it though.  ;)

I'll be doing a Thanksgiving day play-by-play on the hickory smoked turkey that I'm doing.  Pictures from brine to carving will be posted throughout the day. 

Keep what a secret?  LOL  I can't advertise my web site here, it's against forum rules and I certainly don't want to get banned.  If you look in my signature and put the name together with .com you can find it though.  ;)

I'll be doing a Thanksgiving day play-by-play on the hickory smoked turkey that I'm doing.  Pictures from brine to carving will be posted throughout the day. 

Would you mind if I linked your site?

Would you mind if I linked your site?

Not at all, I'd be honored.  :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky